Puerto Rico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schu1842

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm booking a Celebrity cruise out of Puerto Rico departing January 3. There will be six of us (3 divers) and we are thinking about flying out January 1 and diving on January 2.
Does anyone have any thoughts on a reasonable place to stay that is fairly close to the airport, ship, and dive op? Thanks.

I live in Puerto Rico. There are many places you can stay near the airport. Such as the Marriot Courtyard, the Ritz Carlton, or the Intercontinental just to name a few. These are all right near the airport. There is a dive shop called "Ocean Sports" about 5 min from these hotels. I have not used this shop before but I know they do Day and Night dives. If you need any more info about Puerto Rico just message me.

I just returned from my annual vacation in PR. I always stay at ESJ Towers - check Cyber rentals for availability or call hotel directly. ESJ is right by the airport and a taxi ride to the cruise boat docks. I went diving twice while in Puerto Rico and was very happy going out with Sea Ventures. Their web site is Scuba Dive Puerto Rico's Caribbean with Sea Ventures Dive Centers- Fajardo, Humacao & Guánica, Puerto Rico (maybe www.divepr.com - PUERTO RICO TECHNICAL DIVING CENTER). They will provide transportation from the hotel - concierge in the hotel made all arrangements. They do snorkeling as well as diving (for the non divers) and also intro dives as well as experienced dives. It is easy to rent a car and drive (about an hour) to Fajardo where their boat is located or their other location, Humacao, where experienced divers can go. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom