Puerto Adventuras questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We use the Scotia Bank ATM inside the Chedraui. They have 3 ATMs of different financial institutions side by side. Feel those are the safest and most likely not tampered with.
We use those, too, if the ones at the Cancun airport weren't working or we were in a hurry, or to top off our cash reserves during the week. Scotia Bank and HSBC are trustworthy.

To the OP: I would guess any ATM inside a Chedraui or other big store is a safe bet. I suggest avoiding those standalone ATMs on the street and at the back of mom and pop stores that look like they could more easily be tampered with. I wouldn't use those kinds of ATMs anywhere, including the US.

Thanks again everyone! Yep, I don't want to deal with sketchy ATMs but I will be at the Chedraui so will make a point of grabbing Pesos there.

Hey thanks for everyone's help! The trip was a success. There are definitely things I'd do differently, but I managed to get around and keep myself fed in and out of PA.

And I got my Fundamentals Rec pass! I took the course in tech configuration, but we realized I still have a lot of work to do on propulsion, so instead of provisional I shot for a rec pass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom