Light Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What conditions do you dive in? Low viz? Do you use your light for signaling or just looking around?

Not cheap but great lights:

mb-sub.com: Home

---------- Post added January 19th, 2014 at 12:03 PM ----------

I have no knowledge of the light you reference, sorry.

Can you guy tell me what you think of this light?

good backup?
Strong enough for primary?
Anyone heard of this brand?

UltraFire IPX 8 2000LM CREE XM L T6 LED Flashlight Diving Torch Lamp 18650 Kit | eBay

I've had this light, but the MagicShine version. I had 2 of them and so did my closest dive buddy.

UltraFire has been selling many lights, they have some good budget lights. But I'm referring to non-diving lights.

This could be used as a primary dive light. It's bright enough for regular recreational diving.

everything from this point is negative...

The front bezel is sorta sharp. It cut my drysuit wrist seal - that didn't make me happy. I sanded the bezel down to smooth it out.

make sure front bezel is screwed on tight - this is a common leaking point. In the past I unscrewed mine and added silicone grease to threads to prevent that.

Useless strobe modes - at least I don't like them.

No bolt snap attachment point at the tailcap.

They give you UltraFire 18650 cells. These are some of the worst/crappiest batteries out there. Pretty much anything that says xxx-Fire are garbage.

In general Li-ion batteries have awesome performance for high amperage draw. I did a post where to find quality cells (here)

There are better lights out there for a good deal.

Last edited:
I want to start diving locally in Canada. Probably in Ontario as of this summer. So I'm not sure what he vis is like, but I assume low ish.

Thanx for the feedback, I'll pass on this one

---------- Post added January 19th, 2014 at 06:44 PM ----------

any recommendation for a good light that is under $100?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom