NJ Shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the site, just found it surfin' around. Tonnes of info but I don't see much NJ info. or is it just that I haven't found it yet. I'm new to diving, new to NJ and looking to do some shore diving (not too deep). Any ideas? I guess I'm looking for an experienced buddy too. Thanks!

Welcome to the Board.

Your best bet is to check out Dutch Springs in PA - www.dutchsprings.com - or Round Valley State Recreational Park in Clinton, NJ. They both offer easy shore diving. It's probably not the type of shore diving you were thinking, but NJ can be pretty unforgiving when it comes to entry and exits and currents and tides.

You can also check out www.njscuba.net. This site has a lot of good information on diving along the NJ coast.

BTW, if you do dive the NJ coast, you won't get very deep. It's several hundred yards before you even see 30 ft.

Woodnymf333:
Hi, I'm new to the site, just found it surfin' around. Tonnes of info but I don't see much NJ info. or is it just that I haven't found it yet. I'm new to diving, new to NJ and looking to do some shore diving (not too deep). Any ideas? I guess I'm looking for an experienced buddy too. Thanks!
You just haven't found it yet:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84

Welcome to the board,

Let us know how things work out. 4 feet of visibility makes seeing boats from below a bit difficult too. A safety line for currents, or even just visibility issues.

I grew up off the Navasink River.
I hope to dive somewhere in NJ as well, but it does appear a challenge to do it.

Sjpeck gave you a good link, or follow this path: ScubaBoard.Com > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > North America > United States > Wreck Valley

PM me direct if I can help you find your way around our Matrix.

:cowboy2: don

Hello WoodNymf,

since all your questions seem to be answered :wink: let me just wish you a pleasant surface interval here on SB... :D

Laurens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom