My first reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xaryo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just bought my first reg this afternoon, a SR1 from Sherwood. I'm done with the rented Brut.

Can't wait to try it. Tomorrow night in pool ou Sunday at Lock 21, Ontario. Either way, i need water.

I just bought my first reg this afternoon, a SR1 from Sherwood. I'm done with the rented Brut.

Can't wait to try it. Tomorrow night in pool ou Sunday at Lock 21, Ontario. Either way, i need water.

Congrats on getting out of the Rentals. This thing is going to be WAY different than the Brut's you were using. You will have to let us know what you think of it when you get it into open water and a little deeper. I am interested in these regs, but I have two Maximus regs right now and there is no way I can spend then money on Two of these... From what I have heard and read it is supposed to be a great reg.

Enjoy!!!

Phil

That reg is awsome ,good choice.
Enjoy:ppd:

Cool, I was thinking about getting it. It also has the privalige in the minds of us youngins of being the only cool-looking Sherwood Reg ^_-

Here's my report of the SR1.

So easy to breath wherever you are facing. Face up, face down no sweat. Quite a difference compared to the Brut I've been using so far.

And as DeliciousBrownTaste said there is the coolness factor of the exterior design.

But, there is always a but...

The way all the hoses are mounted on the first stage made the reg a bit tirering to keep in mouth.
It felt like something was pulling on it. Maybe it is just the way it is plugged in the first stage. There are plenty of other holes to try for many configuration of 2nd stage, octo and BC hose.

If this continues to be a problem you may like to consider the extra flexibility of a Miflex reg hose. Not guaranteeing it will fix the problem but it has certainly made my regs feel more comfortable in the mouth.

I have been considering the SR1. Please keep up with this post on any problems and resolutions you have!

Here's my report of the SR1.

So easy to breath wherever you are facing. Face up, face down no sweat. Quite a difference compared to the Brut I've been using so far.

And as DeliciousBrownTaste said there is the coolness factor of the exterior design.

But, there is always a but...

The way all the hoses are mounted on the first stage made the reg a bit tirering to keep in mouth.
It felt like something was pulling on it. Maybe it is just the way it is plugged in the first stage. There are plenty of other holes to try for many configuration of 2nd stage, octo and BC hose.

Hello Xaryo,

One of the (few good) uses for a buddy is at a time like this when you have a hose or gear configuration problem that you can not put your finger on. Brief your buddy on what the problem is and have him/her hover above you in the pool. When the problem occurs signal him so he can make a close inspection at that time to find the problem. From there you can work on a solution. In your case, you may need a longer or shorter hose. Without knowing your gear configuration and how you plan to share air should the need come up it is hard to give any clear cut advice, but below are some general tips.

Even with a swivel cap on your first stage, too long of a hose is the usual suspect as it fail to yield when it should.

If you use the standard method of donating the octopus: you probably need a shorter hose, approx 22 inches.

If you use an combo inflator/alternate air source (a la AIR II) you need a longer hose-approx 5 feet so you can easily had over the primary.

If you are going into Tech, have a good study of the configurations the divers in the Hog and DIR sections use.

Having said all that, my best guess would be to get (borrow or steal) a 22 inch hose. If it works out for your current configuration you have solved the problem. If not, you can still use the hose later if you decide to go the Tech route for your backup regulator hose.

Keep us posted,

couv

Back
Top Bottom