My New Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well I just finally got them O2 cleaned, setup and filled. Double Faber lp45's, I'm really looking forward to getting them in the water ASAP. Thanks to Victor (detroit mudpuppy) for the awesome quality bands, and the manifold is from Joel at TDL, and I can't forget the Delrin thumbwheels from Tobin at DSS. Should be a fun little set.

Jim

DSCN1150.jpg

DSCN1151.jpg

question.... I am currently taking cavern, headed for intro cave, adv ean and then cave.

why did you get LP tanks and 45's at that? I got a HP 80 that I will eventually turn into double 80's if everything goes as planned. The guys all got HP 117's. wish I would have too but with me having an 80 and them having 117's they say we will breathe down the tanks at about the same time.

I am new to the doubles world and technical diving at that. seems that most folks get doubles to extend bottom time but these are just like wearing a single AL80 if not less. Correct me if that's wrong.

Just curious, thanks!:D

Thanks Tobin, I'm looking forward to getting them wet!

Mauigal, I own double Faber lp108's, double lp72's, and am planning on a set of hp100's. These were a project so to speak. Partially because I like the balance of doubles, I like the ability to use the same regs on deep dives or shallow rec dives, I like the redundancy of having doubles regs without the weight of my big doubles, for things like ice dives and solo dives. Overall just a little project set.

Jim

I"m going to get a couple worhtington 40's and use as independent doubles for dives in our local lake about 30' to 40' deep. It will take about twenty pounds of my back compared to my hp 80's.

If you need bands for your hp40's, Victor makes fantastic stuff.

Jim

Thank's but for now I don't want to spend the extra money for bands and a manifold, maybe next year if I use them alot.

I got a HP 80 that I will eventually turn into double 80's if everything goes as planned.

I'd recommend against doubling HP 80's. Those short, fairly negative tanks are almost a guaranteed head stand when doubled. I have not yet seen a happy outcome for doubles built from these tanks.

Tobin

I'll keep that in mind. thanks

Would you go LP, AL? I was thinking of all the buoyancy that AL 80's have when they are empty.
do all tanks made of the same material have the same characteristics if not made by the same manufacturer just because of their design?

happy belated birthday btw

Back
Top Bottom