Advice on doing my DiveMaster on Koh Tao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craley

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all

Just finished my Rescue Course and planning on doing my DiveMaster around the end of April. I am thinking of going to Koh Tao to do it. I have done all my other diving and certs from Phuket and so want to check out some more dive sites before leaving Thailand with my DiveMaster cert.
Can anyone give me advice on who to do it with on Koh Tao? Anywhere else that is good to do it? Any personal experience that would help me? What I should expect?
Thanks

I think Koh Tao will be great as season switches to the Gulf around May. I did my DMT on Samui. If you can meet the instructor you get paired with before starting the training that may help you make up your mind. I got lucky as I met my instructor after I singed the dotted line and he proved to be first rate. If you want a Samui recommendation PM me. Good luck :)

Arizona

I am a Course Director on Koh Tao. I conduct most of the DM training personally at the school I work for. The assisting courses portion would be conducted with one of our pool of instructors.

There are about 40 dive schools here, lots of choice.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I will not say which school. Take a look at Koh Tao Guide Online,Thailand - Accommodation and diving on Koh Tao for more info on the island.

Choose well!

Nice to see such professionalism on our little section of SB.

Hi Craley, why not expand your horizons and check out some different areas, namely Pattaya! We're Thaialnd's wreck diving capital with 3 wrecks from 27-32m, plus good, fun diving all year around without worries about big storms and lousy weather!

We offer a 2-month divemaster internship that includes full accommodations, your choice of 3 different packages of "bonus courses" (5-6 in each package), National Geographic Diver status, a full year of job placement services through our own Jobs4Divers.com in-house employment agency, plus UNLIMITED DIVING 7 days a week.

Take a look at our offerings at AQUANAUTS: PADI Divemaster Internship Courses Pattaya Thailand Dive Master DM Exams Training.

you were saying?

You can't accuse anyone of false advertisinng.

Should I have advertised? Damn! Too late now, I have been out maneouvred!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom