Miflex HP, manufacturer comment please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well that's way more than enough time to reply. I will now cut the fitting in half and prove to everyone on this site just how stupid and unreliable the design is compared to a convention hose.

Well here it is, I'm sure some will still not see it and will probably want me to cut a normal hose to prove the difference, which I just may do if I get ticked off enough, but I burned up three dremel wheels just to get this far. The piece on the left is swaged to the hose. Then the piece in the middle is inserted into the piece on the right and tightened to the piece on the left.

On a normal hydraulic line there is no middle piece......the middle piece and the one on the left would be one and directly swaged to the hose eliminating the ability for the stupid design seen here from coming unscrewed and ruining your dive.

I don't care that there is something from Highland Mills that is supposed to fix this problem......that would be adding yet more complexity to a design that should be simple and bulletproof.

The Phantom braided line use a normal design and you should be using that or a regular rubber hose instead. Safe diving.

Attachments

• P1040829.JPG
    P1040829.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 250
  • P1040833.JPG
    P1040833.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 283
What's challenging to understand is hearing about the number of incidents for some time and not doing anything about it? I was always brought up to face the truth no matter what the consequences were but that was when I was young and immature, not when I had a true understanding of what the value of my life was. I guess it's never too late to step up to the plate?

Back
Top Bottom