Aboute Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Labrax

Registered
Reaction score
I am currently using Beuchat Goldfin (outstanding for free diving) and Mares Plana Avanti (not so bad for scuba diving) and ...I heard about Force Fins.

I go and check their site. Seems very funny (shape and colours), very impressive (comments) and full of good ideas (foot strapping).

Buzzword apart, I will be very interested by forumists comments ? Did anybody here uses Force Fins ? or have tested these Extra Terrestrial (Extra Submarinal ?) fins ?
Are they worth their price (which seems pretty high)?

Some people here love 'em some hate 'em. This might spark a debate but instead I expect you will be pointed to the several previous discussions on this subject on the forum.

As I have no intention to spark any explosive debate, I will go and check for the right thread.

Nevertheless if you are cool headed and have a gentle opinion about Force fins (positive or negative), you are welcome :wink:

let me tell you about my experience with them
i used to use a pair of aquaflex i liked them .
then i bought a pair of scubapro twin jet split fins , now they to me are the same as the aquaflex but harder to get off and i have to re adjust the strap everytime i put them on , and a friend has a pair of YELLOW force fins man he was swimming aginst the tide with ease and a friend of mine who was wearning a pair of turtles and I with the scubapro twin jet split couldent keep up with him . we were both out of breath and had to swim hard to keep up what little we did he almost swam circels arround me , i used to call him BIG BIRD beacuse of the Bright Yellow fins but after i lost a fin (230$) pair and he found his with ease well he has me sold on em

Going from Goldfins or Avantis to Force Fins would be much like going from a Lear Jet to a kite.

Tom

I think it is personal preference and it depends on the situation. Split fins are heavier and you may not want that for air travel but they are good for speed and reduce resistance. :confined:

Back
Top Bottom