restroom in a drysuit.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Folks,

I have used the "Depends". They work quite well with the new gel-absorption systems.

I now have pee-valves in all three of my drysuits. They work much better, although, as people love to say today, there are "issues" with sizing (Note: The stupid adolescent joke thread is in the "Whine and Cheese" forum!) and holding power of the adhesive band.

In any case, as a DMT, I have to say that any diver, male or female, who considers using an internal catheter is just plain STUPID. When, not IF, you get a urinary tract infection, I will laugh at you, because it was your choice to do so. :redhot:

Makes me just wanna pee in a ziplock bag......
;0)

Heh...you gotta learn to think "outside the bag"! :D (or ziplock in your case!)

There is no reason why you MUST wear a one piece jumpsuit for an undergarment.

I wear a set of polarfleece: top and bottom, long underwear like you'd wear skiing. (In fact, I wear the same set skiing! :) ) Easy to "adjust" both top or bottom.

I also have a front zip DUI drysuit. I can speak from experience (pre-pee valve) that its relatively easy to open the front zip and use the head on a dive boat without a lot of difficulty. (Relative to taking the drysuit off and trying to do the pee-dance while waiting to get in the head... ) It should be pretty easy for you to unzip your front entry drysuit and move one or both of your two piece undergarment set as needed to position one of these 'FUD' devices (not going there) to use the head on the boat.

Assuming you're willing to potentially be uncomfortable underwater, this seems like your best bet. What I'd think you want to avoid is taking off that drysuit during the SI such that you're in effect donning twice, once for each dive.

But whatever feels good to ya! :D

I've done the front zip pee thing. The only problem was twisting the dry suit enough so the bottom of the zipper is midline. My dry suit fits me perfectly, so there is little room left to do that. I do manage to get the task done without dripping on the suit though :D A possible option for the ladies (I haven't seen this, but Doc's earlier suggestion gave me the idea) is to have a dry zip installed in the crotch or the dry suit and split the crotch of the undergarment. Simply unzip, pull apart the suit and ug, and squat. And you could get rid of those unsightly panty lines at the same time. :wink:

lol. good idea. In fact, I do have undergarments that have a crotch zipper. I just don't have the drysuit with one. If I could afford a custom I'de get one in a flash. Guess I'll have to get used to awequard positions for a while.

Depends Overnights -- I once was opposed to the diaper thing -- but got over it after crossing my legs underwater too long a couple of times.

I know some people who use a Huggies diaper size# 5 I think -- and place it in position -- as a matter of fact there was a demo of it on the boat I was on yesterday! Ok maybe not demo of the positioning -- but one person was getting proper instructions on the use and tried it out on the surface! It was pretty amusing!

I have not tried the huggies thing -- but I can see the advantage of being able to remove it on the SI and apply a new one with just unzipping (I have a front zip ds) unlike the pullup style depends.

Maybe in time I'll be ready for that..... Just not there yet.

scubajoh44:
lol. good idea. In fact, I do have undergarments that have a crotch zipper. I just don't have the drysuit with one. If I could afford a custom I'de get one in a flash. Guess I'll have to get used to awequard positions for a while.
I saw a drysuit, Poseidon unisuit I think it was called that the diver entered through the crotch rather than the more customary entry. I remember thinking at the time, "finally a relief zipper for the ladies"

Check out the climbing/mountaineering world for clothing with relief zippers in the crotch for women.

The biggest joke about all that stuff for climbers is that you make sure all your clothing "matches".

Marmot makes the WERS system

WERS (Women's Expeditious Relief System) a Marmot exclusive: As our designers like to say, WERS takes the handicap out of a Mother-Nature-engineered inequality: It's a double-flapped opening running through the crotch area of our DriClime Women's underwear bottoms. This most-functional women's fly can be used in conjunction with our WizZip.

WizZip a Marmot exclusive: An extension of the main suit zipper or pant fly that runs through the garment's crotch area and up your back side as high as the sacrum. Such a potential parting of the fabric lets one respond to nature's calling without the hassle and possible danger of removing a climbing harness. Found in the Thunderlight Suit, men's and women's Alpinist 3 Layer Bib, and select fleece pants.

I've used the "travelmate" urinary director while climbing, and there really is not an issue with 'backflow' or residual or splash and such.

The paddling community has addressed this in another fashion, a "drop seat" zip...

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_...4374302872311&PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524442618586

Just curious...what's the big deal about wearing Depends anyway?

I finally found diapers small enough to fit me properly (I ended up with the biggest Goodnites they make)...I'll never go back. The relief is indescribable! There're a couple of popular local dives sites around here without facilities at all...no diaper means not being able to go at all for hours. That is just not an option! :)

Back
Top Bottom