• OMS

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • Zeagle

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 47 14.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hands down, no question....DSS rocks!:10:

Jarrett:
Who's your favorite BP/W maker and if you feel like it, tell us why as well. If you mix and match plates and wings (or use another manufacturer), please check other and provide info on that setup and preferably why you went that route.

A plate is pretty much a plate as others have said, though I like that DSS and Oxycheq offer different sizes, which I think is important for very tall or small people. The DSS has some nice additional features, so I'd put their plates at the top, at least for single tank diving. I've read here that more bend in the plate may be preferable for doubles, though I couldn't say since I've only used the DSS plates and they've worked fine with singles and doubles.

For wings, I use Oxycheq Razors for single tank diving. I like that they have the tiny 18# Razor donut wing and the Mach V seems very good too although I haven't tried one. For doubles I use the H Evolve 40 and in terms of shape the Evolves are the best fit for my personal preference (long, relatively narrow, fairly symmetric donut wings with center of lift around the center). The DUX EVERES also looks like it would fit that criteria.

I have a Hammerhead plate and a Diverite RecWing.

I have only dove DR 'cause thats what I own, but I would vote against it. Fit and finish is less than stellar and the webbing slots were not deburred fraying the harness in about 20 dives. My next plate and wing will be coming from DSS

TSandM:
You aren't going to get a ton of information from people who have actually used very many different brands. I know for myself, I have a Deep Sea Supply singles wing and a Deep Outdoors doubles wing, and aside from those two, I've only ever tried one other wing. I like what I have, but I have no idea if I would like something else better.

I voted for DSS, though, because I don't think you can beat Tobin's customer service. Whether it's for me or for my friends I've referred to them, DSS just goes the extra mile.

My experience talking with DSS has been the complete opposite. I've talked to Tobin on the phone on 3 occassions. Each time, I felt like he was talking down to me. Not exactly what I would call a good customer experience. Innovative products but abrasive personality.. my 2 cents.

I've used halcyon, dss and oxycheq. All in all, I think they are all about the same. I like Patrick's phone personality the best and I can get the stuff from Scubatoys so overall customer service is excellent (great prices, return policy, etc.) so I voted for Oxycheq.

Don Janni:
Jarrett:

Just buy one and end your pain. There's not enough difference in them to make a hill-of-beans.

top bias
center bias
bottom bias
single tank
double tank
side mount
horse shoe
torus
not much difference..........?

ShoalDiverSA:
Golem Gear.

My review is here.

Cheers,

Andrew

Absolutely Golem Gear. I had only tried Dive Rite before, but I bought the Golem Gear and have never regretted it. It is better, and the service from Jakub is second to none. Hmmm...now that I think about it, most of my stuff is DR or GG. Stick with what you like, I guess! :D

I cast my vote for DSS. I love my SS plate and 30 lb. LCD wing.

Back
Top Bottom