I'm paying retail for equipment from LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba:
And I have never seen a Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, or anything else repair center....If you want something fixed you go somewhere and pay the guy to fix it(local repair place)

Speaking of that local repair place, how would you like it if Sony dictated that if you want a warranty that little shop is where you gotta go to buy your next TV? And that they aren't going to stand behind their product if you buy it at Walmart?

But why not just go back to where you bought it?? Hence LDS :D Wouldnt that be better customer service than some guy named Lou with cheetos in his beard? JK....I completely understand what your saying.....Im not trying to say your not right, but I personally think buying from an Authorized Dealer is better than a Non authorized...I dont care whether someone buys online or from LDS, hell money is money.....But Like I said, I strongly believe in buying from an Authorized Dealer over a Non Authorized.....This argument can and does go on forever........Im talked out on this subject right now......

But it has been fun fellas :thumbsup:

But there's a difference between having that as an option and being given that as a mandate. You keep talking in circles arguing against buying from an unauthorized seller on the basis of repairs and warranties, and we're explaining that sales and repairs are not inherently interlinked. That a dealer is not qualified to make repairs does not exclude them from being qualified to make sales other than some arbitrary self-serving policy of a manufacturer.

I'll bet if it was any other product other than one you have a financial interest in, you wouldn't tolerate it being sold and serviced under the same artificial system.

joe rock:
The pricing practices of which you speak aren't price fixing and aren't a violation of the Sherman Anti Trust Act.

There are many manufacturers that do not share Scubapro's policy. If people find it annoying they have the option of not buying Scubapro.
Price fixing is an agreement between business competitors selling the same product or service regarding its pricing. In general, it is an agreement intended to ultimately push the price of a product as high as possible, leading to profits for all the sellers. Price-fixing can also involve any agreement to fix, peg, discount or stabilize prices. The principal feature is any agreement on price, whether express or implied.

(Above quoted from Wikipedia)

You're right, there are companies that don't engage in this behavior and I don't have to buy ScubaPro. I'm not trying to unfairly single out ScubaPro, they just seem to be an oft cited example.

Brian

ReefHound:
But there's a difference between having that as an option and being given that as a mandate. You keep talking in circles arguing against buying from an unauthorized seller on the basis of repairs and warranties, and we're explaining that sales and repairs are not inherently interlinked. That a dealer is not qualified to make repairs does not exclude them from being qualified to make sales other than some arbitrary self-serving policy of a manufacturer.

I'll bet if it was any other product other than one you have a financial interest in, you wouldn't tolerate it being sold and serviced under the same artificial system.

I talked in circles because thats where the questions came from...remember Im trying to answer everyones questions and comments....your just answering mine......

So reefhound, what do you do? Whats your line of business?? :popcorn:

Computer programmer, nothing controversial.:wink:

You're fielding lots of questions because few LDS owners will attempt to engage in a serious debate. They just throw out the well worn excuses and run off. To your credit, you've not tried the old "where ya gonna get your air fills" argument.

LOL.....Ya I know I dont mind fielding the questions, but sometimes when your answering so much so fast, things can get a bit mixed up :wink:

So where would you get your fills :D JK thats a weak excuse...If thats all they have to keep customers coming back......they deserve to be out of business or being slow! As I have said before, Im not worried about the internet, I think its good...If Im not doing my job right then I will lose my customers....either to another store or the internet...either way it was me that drove them away.....and thats what it seems that I hear from alot of people. They would pay extra if they saw a benefit but their LDS doesnt really care.....too bad.... Thats why we are doing so good so fast....Again, Im pretty much a newbie here....I have only been running a store for about 6 months....diving for 14 years...........so Im taking all of this that I debate into my brain and becoming more knowledgeable and should be taking over the world in a couple weeks :wink:

Have a great weekend guys!!!

Mike

no offense dive right, but your website, even though it has some decent ideas, needs some work :wink:

The catalog is right on, the rest of the site looks a bit outdated in design.

And I still think you need to expand to another sport/hobby/whatever besides scuba to have a truely profitable shop. Pure scuba shop in the midwest is DEFINATLY putting all your eggs into one basket.

I wouldnt ccomplian about the website personally, functional is #1 over pretty.

LOL....actuually its being updated as we speak.....That was just to get something up while we got going and did the online shopping cart.....Next week I will post a thread and you will see a huge difference :D But ya your right...it doesnt make you want to look around anymore.....I promise next week it will be different and you will want to check out the whole site, and just for cheeky...still extremely functional :D

Back
Top Bottom