I don't get to dive as much as I'd like because...

Why don't you get to dive as often as you'd like?

• I DO dive as much as I'd like! What's YOUR problem?

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • It's all about the clams: too expensive/not in the budget

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • If only I had more TIME!

Votes: 52 35.6%
  • Let's blame it on my family/spouse/parents

Votes: 20 13.7%

Votes: 45 30.8%
  • Need more gear!

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • No buddies/not enough buddies/need more buddies

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Need more training

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • The "keep this from being a bad poll" selection: Other

Votes: 9 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Time and money for all my gear.

I get to dive almost as much as I'd like, certainly more than I should! But I live within eyesight of some great diving here in the kelp forests, I don't have a non-diving wife to tell me not to, I don't mind the cold water, I don't have a job that prevents me from diving... wait, diving IS part of my job!

Time is my major constraint to diving. I work 3 hrs from home. I work 2 weekends out of 4. I do get days off in the middle of the week. Ever try to find a dive buddy for a wednesday dive 2 hours from the house? Working in Arkansas I can find clear water (viz 6 ft or better) within 2 hours. From home clear water is 5 hours or more away.

Time and money...
Also at the moment the snow is making it hard enough to get to work, nevermind a divesite...

I have to work for a living. That, and weather/water conditions, are about the only things that get in the way of diving. I have lots of lovely buddies . . . :D

I'm fairly new to a small island of about 1500 army contractors, so I need to get a broader spectrum of buddies, and I'm a new diver...just finished the advanced class last week. Now I can dive with more folks, who won't feel like they have to "take their little brother to the zoo".

Oh Jeez. I already voted, but I have a better post now. Can I redo??

R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom