Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are!
Welcome to the board!

Joe

Welcome, and Joe is correct. We're doing a great job at polluting the oceans as well as overfishing hundreds of species of sea life :( Even though more care has been shown to reverse the trend in recent years, there are still many countries that do not regulate their negative impact on the environment.

[c]
Hello_md.gif

[/c]
Welcome to SB! Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help...??

don :cowboy:

Interesting way to introduce yourself

That is exactly what I was thinking...

Maybe he wants to be remembered, not just another intro

Well in any event, welcome to the board!

Welcome Bimini. As a graduate student in Physical Oceanography, I enjoy this topic and the ensuing conversations. What exactly do you mean be 'killing'? What scientific evidence are you using to back up this claim? Is it all the oceans or just a portion? I think if you clarify your question and put some supporting material to your question we can have a better discussion here. Since your question had the word 'who' it sounds like you've already decided it must be mankind or a subset of. There may be some 'what' involved as well. Long before man arrived in his present form, during the Permian Mass Extinction, nearly all the ocean species died off. Yet here we are today with all that we have. So where do we begin? Do we want to discuss a particular area of concern or just make generalizing statements of how bad we are?

Or, perhaps more philosophical discussion. What if all is going along to a master plan? Let us assume past extinctions happened for remarkably good reasons. We might not have all the species diversity we have today without them. In fact, we ourselves might not be here today without them. If we or other geologic events are killing our oceans, how do we know that is not a good thing. Perhaps part of the big game plan is for man to starve himself out (or blow himself to bits) in order to make way for the next thing.

Man is killing the oceans! Welcome to ScubaBoard, where man is also trying to preserve our dear oceans and trying to do something about it! Enjoy the company!

Enlighten us bisugo. What are we doing to kill our oceans? And you mention preserve. What is it that we are doing there as well?

Back
Top Bottom