A Day late, but no Dollar involved..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stingray01

Reaction score
Hey there. I have already started a thread here, but just noticed this introduction area and thought I would post an intro for myself.

Hello to all!!

I have been perusing this board now for a few weeks and am getting a ton of information. I'm not certified yet, but I'm taking my class (Aquatic Sports) on my birthday this year (Nov. 6th). I have been wanting to do this for YEARS!! and I'm finally going to do it.

My wife wants to do it as well and we're working on a way to get her ear problem resolved. Well we don't think it is really a problem like a medical problem (or maybe it is) but she has a difficult time equalizing (like in high altitude flights).

My wife and I have gone to two tropical destinations that I wish we could have gone diving at. We went to Moorea (just off of Tahiti) for our birthdays and I was kicking myself the entire time for not being certified. But we had an AWESOME time doing some snorkeling. We also went to Puerto Vallarta, same deal.

We live in Beaverton, Oregon and have pretty much been in the Pacific Northwest our entire lives. We had short stint in Alabama (3.5 years) but we came back. We love the PacNW!

My cert dives will be in the PacNW so I'm also getting my DrySuit on the 13th of November. (that is the specialty course, I'm not buying a drysuit....yet?).

Future locations that we WILL be diving at:
  • Belize, possibly Lighthouse Reef & Blue Hole: We've been looking at this now for the last few months.
  • Caribbean, haven't narrowed it down to specifics yet, but there are several places that we are studying.
  • Hawaii, why not?

That is pretty much the tall and short of it.

and a WARM Welcome from ARIZONA the all beach no ocean state

Great Warm water loctaions you have selected to dive at I would suggest GUAM also be added to you list, then continue on to Thailand.

I'd say "Better Late Than Never" but don't want to tread on BLT (not the sandwich)'s toes. :wink:

So Welcome...eventually...from London, England and Good Luck on your course.

stingray

Welcome to the board hun! And good luck for your certification!

Its good to see your already hooked....you'll fit in fine here ! :wink:

and a warm welcome from a friend north of the 49th. Have fun, and spend lots of time here - the absolutely the best place to spend your SI.

Welcome, from Chicago.
You'll love Belize. Maybe consider Bonaire for your Caribbean trip. Looks like we're getting a group together for next fall from this board.
:sunny:

A big HOWDY!! from Texas!!!

I used to live in Portland, in fact, worked in the office complex behind the Red Lobster at Washington Square Mall.

Portland is a great city and I miss many aspects of it, especially the music and the food (the Fong Chong on NW 4th and Everett was the BEST chinese food!).

I hope to make it back up there soon for diving. Perhaps hook up with you and Kate and the other PacNW diving crowd.

Hmmm...now that I think of it....diving in Crater Lake?

Originally posted by TexasMike
...worked in the office complex behind the Red Lobster at Washington Square Mall.
We actually live not to far from there.. small world!
Portland is a great city and I miss many aspects of it, especially the music and the food (the Fong Chong on NW 4th and Everett was the BEST chinese food!).
I couldn't agree with you more. We love it here and it's the main reason we moved back from Alabama! Fong Chong eh? Never tried it, but with this recommendation, we'll be trying it tonight!

I hope to make it back up there soon for diving. Perhaps hook up with you and Kate and the other PacNW diving crowd.

Hmmm...now that I think of it....diving in Crater Lake?
I've been msg'ing with WannaToBe and seeing if there would be some interest in something like that. Need to get in touch with Kate and start a PacNW thread or something to keep this idea alive. I'm looking at finishing a lot of my training toward the end of January, mid February so I'll be more than raring to go anytime!

Crater Lake? I didn't know they offered diving there? If they did, definately a DRY SUIT dive.. :cold:

Natasha: I saw your thread on Bonaire and I'm gunna keep up with that thread because Next fall would actually be a great time for us!

Well heck, everyone here is going to know every step of my cert and diving along the way, and with this AWESOME board, we'll always be in touch.. :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom