IP Gauge Exploded in my Hand!! *GRAPHIC*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow...

I'm glad you didn't take a piece to the eye or anything like that!

Exactly the reason you always look away when turning high pressure things on. I was sitting in a chair with the gauge by my side facing the floor with my head turned to the left and i took a piece of plastic to the chin. Had i been looking down it would have been my face! Now there is this cool looking blood spray on the wall behind my chair. So make sure when you turn stuff on LOOK AWAY and face the gauge away from yourself. I also always wear safety glasses while working on anything.

Damn, that is going to leave a mark. Glad it was not worse and thanks to those for the reminder of what to do to help insure that others do not suffer the same fate. Glad I never test the IP with out a 2nd stage or OP valve.

Damn. Sorry about your hand. Hope you heal up quick.

As mentioned always have a second stage or overpressure relief installed. Had your gauge not gone a hose might have instead. Regs with no second stage and a leaky high pressure seat can have tank pressure on the lines if there is nowhere for the gas to escape.

Mat.

Glad your alright (more or less)... hope your hand heals quick. Well now I know if I ever check my IP I will have a 2nd stage in hand to relief the pressure.

Just wanted to add that in the case of an argon regulator there should be an overpressure valve installed on the reg for the same reason. Since there is no second stage in that case...

Mat.

Man, that had to hurt like a ....
Glad you have no other serious injuries. Thanks for sharing.

Damn that sucks. Glad you are ok. The IP guage that I have, has a pressure releif/bleed screw installed on it. Leave the bleed screw slightly cracked when turning the pressure on. Might want to look into a model like that. Thanks much for sharing, reminds us to do the right thing while servicing our regs. Hope you heal quick.

A luck that you didn't got something in your eyes, or when I see it on your leg and stomach....
If it would got you just between, it might would be the end of all family planning.....

Hope it heals fast and I'll remember it in case I ever need to check that.....

Got any pictures of the destroyed IP gauge?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom