Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a bar in Bali called The Funky Monkey. Kera Lucu is the closest translation to that, literally meaning 'Funny Monkey' because there is no Indonesian word for funky...

I am also a monkey (Chinese horoscope) and can be quite funny at times... or is that funky??

DameDykker

That's just danish (my native language) for LadyDiver which off course was allready taken :)

I'm Cathleen or Cathy - hence Cat ---

And to dive is one of my most favorite things.....

And we won't go into what my other favorite things are.

So Greg G. some 235 posts later....

As for mine: what could be more simple?

:bunny:

Guess I'll put my name in the bag too. My scuba instructor started calling me Ber the first or second quarter I helped with the class. That was just easier than calling me by my full name. Over time she would sometimes add "rabbit" to "ber." That would be from the Bre'r Rabbit tale I suppose, just sounded good to her. I just kept it, it's really the first nick I've had that everyone uses. It's also easy for students to remember because after standing in that pool for a while it gets REALLY cold! Sometimes I hear "ber" and think they are talking to me but they are simply freezing out loud :cold:

Ber really comes in handy because my dive buddy/love of my life just so happens to have a dog with the same name as me! How odd is that, to meet a woman with the same name as your dog! Therefore I go by the shortened version otherwise I have to wait until someone whistles or makes the "kissing" noise you use to call the dog to determine whether they want me or her!

Back to the briar patch! Always did love that story!

Ber :bunny:

When I was born the Indian Chief of my tribe seen me fall into the ocean, he said, Look the little idiot fell in the deep sea. My Dad wanted to call me “little Idiot Fell in the Sea” but my Mom named me, “Deep Sea”.

My oldest daughter started calling me Scuba Bob. She says I'm either getting ready to dive or just getting home from diving. After a little prayer meeting :nono: with my daughter, she's back to calling me Dad, but her friends still call me Scuba Bob. So that's where my name comes from. I just use Bob here on the board. Less letters to type. :tree:Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom