Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why Striking Viking? The Viking part is because I think the Vikings symbolize so much of the Danish heritage to me. The striking part is left up to you. It can mean that striking is what Vikings do best, or how dashing my looks are. (LOL) :peace:

I like wolves. I like the Sea. It makes a cool name. And no one had it, yet. (Still haven't figured out how to howl into the regulator so that anyone can hear it, though).

I thought of this name whilst sitting on the beach at sunset down in Cornwall after just qualifying for the AOW. The ocean was in front of me with the orange sun reflected in it and it all seeemed so spiritual. Sad, eh?

long tongue..

Did you ever hear of the words to the song,

"I've got a tongue that's ten inches long,
And I've learned to breath thru my ears"

BTW- My nickname is self explanitory

I work in Detroit, and I'm a diver. Wow, wasnt' that exciting??

I am sorry that you think just ANYONE can move here to sunny FLorida. We have standards and a rep to protect. SoCalDiver I will need a copy of your birth certificate, a Florida immigration form- filled out in triplicate, and of course the $500 processing fee. Your acceptance should be mailed back to you within 24 hours of you getting that processing fee into my grubby little hands. (Joe, I will send you your usuall %10)

:tease:

BTW, SoCalDiver, did you check out your song in the Diver Song Parodies??? AND I have to admit that I am surprised that our infamous JoeWR has not made a contribution there yet!!!

I happen to be lucky enough to have many small circles of friends who have now become a large circle of friends within my community. Just by coincidence individuals in the small groups began calling me Laine all at about the same time and now I do not think anyone except ODDiver and my mom even know what my real name is! So I chose that name as you all have entered by circle of friends.

Although I lack the spontaneous humor that many of you possess I am smiling right along with you and of course learning a lot too!

Laine

Originally posted by NetDoc
I am sorry that you think just ANYONE can move here to sunny FLorida. We have standards and a rep to protect. SoCalDiver I will need a copy of your birth certificate, a Florida immigration form- filled out in triplicate, and of course the $500 processing fee.

[red]Remember:[/red] you can enclose any amount you want. They won't know the difference. Last I heard they can't count very well! :D:

Tavi

NetDoc, to be able to send you my "processing fee" to immigrate to Florida is fantastic. I wrote the check out and put it in the mail just now, thank you, thank you, thank you.

I had not looked in the parodies since I got back so no I had not seen MY SONG!! You are way to kind. I only wish I knew what tune it was to. Maybe a little hint?

Our mailmen are top notch!!!

Oh the tune is the most famous one from Mary Poppins... Hope that helps! And really, moving to Florida automatically allows you to use "Super" preceding any other nom de plume you may have used in the past.

:tease:

Socaldiver,

Let me give you some examples of the use of "super" as it may be attached to a name by a Floridian. These of some of the names that SuperNetDoc used in the past:

Superannuated
Supercillious
Superficial
Superfluous
Supernatural

Of course, there are others which he tried to use, but was rejected by both the Spellcheck and Appropriatecheck functions of his word processor.

SuperJower

Back
Top Bottom