Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are two things that I really love, the sea and angels.
I also, gave alot of thought to who I wanted to be guarding over me while I am in the sea and that would be angels. I feel closest to angels when I am in the water, floating along, looking at the seafans and kelp swaying in the current. So, SeaAngel just seemed appropriate.

When you go to Florida they have a fill card that uses the "punchcard" system. You will only get two or three fills on a card before you notice that all of the little dots are on the floor!

Later, Hawk.

They have the famous, "hanging fills". Those are the tanks that look like they might be filled with air, but they are really filled with air plus laughing gas...

Further, they are stamped as having full fill by Katherine Harris...which means nothing...like most of what she says. However, if you give her a nice job, she will fill your tank with air. Unfortunately, it is hot air and so you only get a partial fill.

Then there is the Florida Superfill: this fill features a full load of air along with a coupon entitling the bearer to one set of lyrics for any tune he selects. The only kicker is the recipient has to go to Orlando and find someone called the "NETDOC".

Joewr...wondering what FL was like before arithmetic was invented? Probably not much different...

well......"L" is for my first name (well, my given name) and dreamin.... that would be me dreaming of the tropical island I will live on one day so I can dive daily whenever I get the urge. :D

Ldreamin

It got to be hard to remember all of my net names so I decided to go by my real name. Sometimes, I will also go by "MitchI0129"; "Mitch" is my first name, "I" the first initial of my last name, and "0129" is my numerical birthdate (for January 29). I do have an incognito name but it is not used much.

January 29 OR January of 1929 :D

Thanks NetDoc, not being a big (?) Mary Poppins fan I would never have come close to guessing that one.

Joewr, do you think maybe I better go out and buy one of them their shirts with an S on the front?

WHEEZY

Well, being the daredevil that I am... If someone say does a jump on a dirtbike, I know it's makeable.. if he can do it I sure as heck can do it...

Well sometimes that just is not the case (especially if you ride with pro's):D

So, I crushed my chest (broke my sternum and seperated 6 ribs, punctured both my lungs, broke my jaw, out in the middle of nowhere (helicopter ride) went too long without Oxygen.. went into a coma .. had to have reconstructive surgery... and they built a whistle into my lungs or something because ever since I WHEEZE like a mad man

This was in HighSchool so the name stuck in all of about 2 days (It's been almost 10 years now)

:D

After I got out of the hospital, I made the jump - I got grounded and my bike taken away when my friends started talking about it in front of my mom... she still thinks I'm crazy

Wheezy,
Wow, that sounds like an awful injury. It must be a little weird wheezing into a regulator .
mike

wheezy...

I take it since you said that you made the jump, that the bike was okay?:D

I just use Tom 'cause that's what everybody calls me, 'cause that's my name.

Some of those stories are interesting though. Might just have to make up a new story and a new name and come back incognito. Hey that sounds cool. Maybe I'll come back as "Incognito". Just have to think of a good story now.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom