Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got mine by ascending into a shoal (is that the right collective noun?) of jellyfish once. From then on I adopted the 'Heads Up' approach to surfacing!!

Besides, it was more managable than my other LDS nickname of 'Billy No Weights' due to my habit of striding off the back of a dive boat before realising my weights were still on deck!

It comes down to one fact about me: I LOVE GEAR!! And that includes just about any kind of gear.
Basically, to me, that means toys for grownups, and includes (but isn't, by any means, limited to): Electronics (MP3 player, MD player, PDA, wireless anything), Car stuff, Home Theater Equipment, and all kinds of sports equipment.

You can only imagine how much fine diving equipment is for a freak like me. I love researching it, reading about it, pricing it, shopping for it, etc. This site has only made me even more gear-crazy with the insane amount of gear info. My god, I just caught myself starting to drool just thinking about it!
:wink:

Rick

Just about everybody where I work (US Antarctic Program) has a nickname. Those of us with first and last names starting with the same letter get tagged with the letter plus "two" or "squared". So in my case, g2.

It sounds cool, like the British military intelligence service or something, so I kept it. Besides, it's a lot easier to type than "boricuamojao". :wink:

g2

Originally posted by Heads Up
Got mine by ascending into a shoal (is that the right collective noun?) of jellyfish once.

My favorite is "smack." As in you ascended into a smack of jellies.

Roak

Well..I have a pet rabbit that I named..you got it..Bunny (original, huh?)

My dive buddy (and love of my life) does UW Photo, and I jokingly said one time that Bunny would make a better buddy than You sometimes!

So, she became known as ScubaBunny (only by me though..HE was not amused!) So, I thought I made a good name..plus, I could get my "name" on a bumper sticker!

*waves an ear to everyone*

I was always forgeting my usernames and getting locked out of forums etc. So I started using my birthname. So for I have been able to remember that name.
Mike

Keep It Simple Stupid....

I was always getting locked out of chat rooms and such because I would try to be creative in nicknaming myself or try to match my nick to the subject matter somehow.
Now I stick to one basic name and mutate from it accordingly.
My first recretional challenge after a series of debilitating surgeries was trapshooting.My father gifted me a "sweet" little shotgun.It is a Beretta Silversnipe...I mutate from there,in name only, not, as once indicated here into an insect.

Hope I don't develop that skin problem folks catch here...but a longer tongue could have advantages,hmmm?

Hey mlove,

You should change your name to BEACHBOY!!

Afterall, wasn't Mike Love aBeachboy? :D

Hi all,
My name is Rick. When I was in my early 20's I had a very fast motorcycle. One day a freind said "quick like a mongoose". Someone else said "Rikki Tikki Tavi". It stuck for a while and then got shortened to Rikki Tikki then later to just Tavi. I haven't been called that by anyone in a few years but it came to mind when I was trying to think of a username. It avoids confusion as there is at least one other Rick on the boards.

Tavi

Socaldiver,

If they can be called the "Utah Jazz", or the "LA Lakers", or the "LA Dodgers", or the "Arizona Cardinals", why can't we still call you "Socaldiver"?

I mean there is no jazz in Utah, no lakes in LA, no Angeleno ever dodged a streetcar like a Brooklynite (although I have seen some dodging cars in parking lots), and there are no Missouri Cardinals in Arizona! So why can't there be a Socaldiver in FL?

Joewr...who still misses the Pacific Coast League the way it was before MBL moved west...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom