Cozumel in July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey all. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I'm a Coz virgin and I just booked my first trip for the 23rd til Aug 2. I'm diving with Deep Blue and staying at Vista del Mar. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Congrats! You picked a good shop to dive with! Maybe we'll run into you when we're there?

Well I'm back home now :depressed:

Already planning a trip back a few months from now.

Boy was it rough down south on the 3rd and 4th, though. So rough, that the boat pitched as SOON as I got on the top step of the ladder and down I went, right onto the boat :dork2: Figures it couldn't have thrown me the other way into the water because I still had my reg in mouth and everything... it never works out the way you actually prepare for. Oh well, I've got a nasty bruise to show for it at least :eyebrow:

Great trip, I can't wait to go back!

Boy, you got off easy. No fair! I probably would have lost a leg in that incident.:shakehead:

J Easy-

I just went for my first time over 4th of July weekend. It was amazing and pretty much sealed my new addiction to diving. The only hard parts for me were trying to get any work done the day before I left and then actually getting back to work after the trip...

Boy, you got off easy. No fair! I probably would have lost a leg in that incident.:shakehead:

LOL it seems that way... just read your thread. I guess I am pretty lucky for once! Usually I do have "luck" like yours though! :cool2: Be careful on those ladders with your bum hand!

J Easy-

I just went for my first time over 4th of July weekend. It was amazing and pretty much sealed my new addiction to diving. The only hard parts for me were trying to get any work done the day before I left and then actually getting back to work after the trip...

I worked while on the trip and then was seriously back working 15 min after I walked in the door when I got home.

Its all good though. We work so we can go back often and stay at the nicer places.

Hey all. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I'm a Coz virgin and I just booked my first trip for the 23rd til Aug 2. I'm diving with Deep Blue and staying at Vista del Mar. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Welcome to the board

Welcome the the board Easy. And welcome to your new addiction. Coz. It's faster than crack. If you land at the airport on island the only thing that stops the addiction from kicking in instantly is the time share sharks. Beware!!!! Make sure you rent a Mexican Ferrari from Margarita at ISIS car rental. She is very trustworthy and ya gotta rent the ragtop. Have fun on the drift. Stay online while there meetups will be announced. kev
I'll be there on the 19th. Staying at Villa Blanca. I'll be one grinning alot.

We also were there over the 4th. We and stayed at Park Royal and dove with Scuba Mau. The experience was amazing and Coz is now my favorite place to dive. Aqua World is a dive shop with this resort, and we were told there was a $3 charge to use their dock. We probably should have done that because we did have some trouble using Del Mar's dock. On the third morning, there was a security guard who couldn't speak english, trying to tell us to leave. Another boat came in to pick up two other divers and the security guard tried to push the boat away and remove the ties. There was quite an altercation. By the time our boat came, he had walked away and we jumped on. We then were dropped off and picked up on our final day at Atlantis with no problem. I don't know if it would have become a problem at Atlantis if we were there 4 mornings or not. Has anyone else had this kind of experience at Cozumel?

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm quickly finding out that I will HAVE to make multiple trips to Coz to be able to do and see everything I want! Ha ha. I'll deffinately do my best to keep an eye on the boards while I'm there. It's always interesting to meet new divers.....especially on a great diving vacation.

Back
Top Bottom