50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey fellow 50 plus divers. I have a trip going to the sea of cortez on the solmar V Oct 23-30 2010 and have just gotten 2 more spaces to sell. Easy diving on a beautiful liveaboard. Lots of fish and dont forget the seals! These places go fast so email me at affordabletrips@gmail.com if you are interested in going with us!

Hey, Guys and Gals !!!

I turn 31 this year with 29 years experience !!!!

the K

59 years young....good health
Portland Oregon
500 dives in 8 years of diving
Indonesia, PNG, Borneo, All over Carrib. Red Sea, Lembeh
Heading back to Lembeh and Irian Jaya in Nov 09
Fiji, Hawaii, Coz planned for 2010
Life is good....enjoy it while you can !

Hey, Guys and Gals !!!

I turn 31 this year with 29 years experience !!!!

the K

Are you still diving? :rofl3: If I ever grow up, I'll be closing in on the big 60.

52 three days ago!Technical diving and deep on air:D

Hi,
I am 52 with 56 dives. I live in Calgary, Canada. Locally we diving in and around Banff in Cold water. My wife and I are dry suit qualified just for that reason. I really want to dive the waters off of Vancouver Island.
Up to now, most of our dives have been in the Caribbean. We are going to Grand Cayman on Nov. 21/09 where we are taking our Advanced open water training.
Fav dive shop is thThe Dive Shop in Calgary.
Only been diving for 2 years with basic open water and dry suit certification so far. Aiming higher.

My wife and I are staying over after a tour of Oz for a dive trip aboard the Spirit of Freedom through the Barrier Reef to the Coral Sea islands in January. I'm 70, been diving for twenty years, mostly in the Caribbean, but also New Zealand (Poor Knights Island), Bora Bora, Moorea, Kauai, and Big Island - Hawaii.
Any comments re. the Spirit and the dives there? How is snorkeling for my non-diving wife?
Fred Whitaker
fcwhitaker@comcast.net

AOW and Nitrox and coming up to 100
Area of preference is Dahab in the Red Sea but also Maldives ( Great Thilas and bombastic currents) and the Great Barrier Reef. I did my PADI OW on the GBR in '03 and just got back from a trip on the Northern Reefs on Mike Balls Spoilsport.

Fred...... when Spoilsport was parked next to Spirit in Cairns harbour Spirit looked smaller but the crew of Spoilsport were gracious enough to say that Spirit is the only boat out of Cairns that can match them for the level of service and routes. Our 7 day trip had to be modified from the scheduled itinerary due to 5 metre seas but at least 1 dive site per day was good for snorkeling, either free swimming or on the line above an interesting "Bommie" or watching for the Minke Whales. Have fun and give my regards to Lizard Island

Maybe we need a new thread - How many are over 70? I'll be 73 on Tuesday and hope to keep diving as long as I can get a little help up the ladder. (Both of my knees are metal.)
My next dive trip I'll hit 600 dives and loved them all.
Began diving at Club Med in 1984, certified PADI OW in 1990. Sorry, no more certs.
Favorite dive spots are Little Cayman, San Salvador Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, and especially Roatan. Have been diving Glover's Atoll Belize, Bonaire, St Lucia, Cozumel, Jamaica, Florida Keys, Grand Cayman, and Cancun. Marvelous dive trip to Bali a few years ago.

Maybe we need a new thread - How many are over 70? I'll be 73 on Tuesday and hope to keep diving as long as I can get a little help up the ladder. (Both of my knees are metal.).....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your turn to create a new thread..."70 year old divers"

There are probably more than you think..

sdm

Back
Top Bottom