50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am 55 and have been diving since I was 18 years old. Most diving is Northern California from the bay area to Mendocino. In about 2 weeks, I will go to Santa Barbara on board a charter boat to dive for Spiny Lobsters. After all of these years of diving, the only health issue I have is a little bit of hearing loss.
urmaddad

I'll be 72 in a couple of months
I live on the Texas Coast near Port O'connor
I wreck dive and do wreck salvage
I started diving in 1964 on NC blockade runners
I also have dove in Lake Travis, Pacific,Gulf of Mexico,Matagorda Bay, Florida Keys and Twin Lakes on 288 south of Houston.
I like Don's Dive Shop in Palacios, Texas but I have my own compressor
NAUI CERT

52 - geeeez, time has flown, I was 18 yesterday.

<heavy sigh> I live in NY.
Started in 1980 under Naui now carrying SSI, PADI.
We have two LDS - I'll shop online - thanks.
Dive areas - NY (of course) - brown water, brown fish, brown rocks....cool wrecks in the St Lawrence and I must say - diving Niagra River above the falls was a speed trip, and other local mud holes and cold lakes. Other dive sites - California, Italy, Crete, DR, Cancun, Coz, Costa Rica, B.V.I., Antigua, Malta, Canada, Florida, Texas, Michigan, and I think there are a couple more I may have forgotten.....29 years is a long time to remember that stuff. LOL

SWMBO is 53 and dives right along side of me now, she has to, I need her air.

59 Divemaster...about 500 dive...give me warm water and agua y good vis and I am happy.

57+ year old diver, diving out of N.J. (state with the highest property taxes!!).

New to scubaboard but diving for 5 yrs, mainly wreck dives off the Jersey coast. Have dives in Grand Caymans, St. Thomas VI and Myrtle Beach, SC.

AOW & Wreck certs. Dive shop is East Coast Diving Center in downtown Morganville, NJ.

I turned 55 in July and also became an instructor within a few days of my b'day. I have only been diving a couple of years, but I knew the first day on the reef this would be something I would be doing for the rest of my life, so I decided to build my lifestyle around it. I usually dive a couple of days a week, and Divemaster the rest. Most fun you can have without being naked. You will find me mostly diving in the Boynton Beach, FL area.

i'm a retired boaty in NTH QLD AUSTRALIA who over the last couple of years has become totally fasinated by all this diving stuff..wahoo!! I can hardly be bothered fishing anymore & i'm bored stiff playing golf more than 5 times a year..but just love all the beautifull under water marine life and the challenge of getting a nice pic.
AOW certified, not that it matters, i just do my own thing....seems to have always worked for me.
I hear there is guys out there in their 80"s still diving????

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?

54 last month
dekalb, il
wherever i can
loves park scuba
after almost 25 years of diving i'm back for an advanced sdi cert. i have one more checkout left. i've mostly been diving from own boat or with friends/club. circunstances change and the knuckleheads i've run into on charters lately test my tolerance.

it's great to see all of you out there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom