Stupid Question???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you RJP, I will make the grammar corrections with the next adjustment of the website.

The reason I took down the 'one tank dive' and 'two tank dive' is because I got tired of people asking if they could do the two tank dive with one tank because they didn't think they could lift two tanks, or because their BC would only take one tank!

Try this:

Daily Dive Trips:

Morning Trip: two dives - $80 (9am departure)
Afternoon Trip: one dive - $45 (2pm departure)
Night Dive: one dive - $70 (departure TBD)

The night dive "surcharge" is currently unclear too. Seems like you offer a one-tank night dive for $70, right? ($45 for a one-tank dive, plus $25 "surcharge") But as written it could be read that you also offer the option for a "two-tank" night dive for $105 ($80 + $25) or is that $130 ($80 for two-tank trip + $25 surcharge for EACH tank?)

I would ditch the word "surcharge" altogether, it sounds like some sort of "punishment" for wanting to dive at night. If the night dive is $70, just say so.

maby single dive trip:
1 tank 45
2 tank 80

multiple dive trips
# of dives $

usually you try to start with a fresh tank and kill it in a dive so if you use # of tanks then it removes the question

maby single dive trip:
1 tank 45
2 tank 70

multiple dive trips
# of dives $

Ditch the term "single" altogether - it's part of the confusion. Is it a single trip? Is the trip a single dive? Is the dive a single tank? Can I do the single dive with doubles? Or if I dive doubles does that count as two trips, or a single trip with two dives? Can I do the single afternoon trip as a single dive with doubles?

:confused:

There are no SINGLE trips!

There are...
- Morning trips
- Afternoon trips
- Night trips

Each trip is comprised of a specific number of dives:
- Morning = 2 dives
- Afternoon = 1 dive
- Night = 1

I would just list the trips as such

Dive trips
1 dive $45
2 dives $80

You are all complicating this way too much. If it would read:
Dive Trips:
1 tank 45
2 tank 80
night dive 25
Scubaboard members- free!
If you think your bc will only hold one tank and therefore do not think the two tank trip is for you-
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! You are obviously not competent enough to dive with us!

One daytime trip, one dive: $45
One daytime trip, two dives: $70
One nighttime trip, one dive: $70
One nighttime trip, two dives: $95 or $120 (- I don't know)

One Cavern dive: $75 per person; 5% discount for groups of four or more. (not sure on your price structure)

Even more specific for the first part:
One daytime boat trip, one dive on one dive site: $45
One daytime boat trip, one dive at each of two different dive sites: $70
One nighttime boat trip, one dive at one dive site: $70
One nighttime boat trip, one dive at each of two different dive sites: $95 or $120 (- I don't know)

This is NO WAY intended as an insult. If you want to check the clarity of a piece of text, have a non-native speaker who is still learning English read it. Ask them what they understand. Sometimes the answers are interesting:

Question: What would you do if you had three wishes...
Answer: I would work hard to make them come true.

Question: What would you do if you could do your dream job...
Answer: I'd work very hard

Question: What would you do if you saw someone climbing in your neighbor's window...
Answer: I would ring my neighbor's doorbell.
Question: Why?
Answer: To play a joke on them.

-This post was written in the morning before going to work, as such it may be filled with typographical, grammatical and spelling errors.

Damn. $45? That's cheap.

I guess I'm just a smart-aleck. I think I would have told him that for $45, he gets to dive once, but that how many times he goes down is none of my business and TMI to boot.

One daytime trip, one dive: $45
One daytime trip, two dives: $70
One nighttime trip, one dive: $70
One nighttime trip, two dives: $95 or $120 (- I don't know)

Even more specific for the first part:
One daytime boat trip, one dive on one dive site: $45
One daytime boat trip, one dive at each of two different dive sites: $70
One nighttime boat trip, one dive at one dive site: $70
One nighttime boat trip, one dive at each of two different dive sites: $95 or $120 (- I don't know)

This is NO WAY intended as an insult...

But you're kidding, right?

:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom