fin recommendations...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Force Fins Pro cost how much? My Friend who used to swear by force fins(he had the Deltas), but dumped them for the Seawing Novas. He claims that the Novas are alot faster. Especially when you get the bill for the Force fins, $189 is a bargain....

He claims that the Novas are alot faster...

Never been on a dive where the "need for speed" was a consideration. Are there lots of people out there being chased by sharks or otherwise involved in scuba races of some sort?

checkered_flag.jpg

Fact of the matter is that almost every diver out there would see a tremendouse benefit from going S-L-O-W-E-R rather than faster, regardless of what fin they are wearing.

I'm just sayin'

:cool2:

Never been on a dive where the "need for speed" was a consideration. Are there lots of people out there being chased by sharks or otherwise involved in scuba races of some sort?

Need for Speed? Chased by Sharks?

When I wear these fins I have to slow down for my buddy. Hence, less effort, which means less air consumption, etc. However if I am chasing a shark....er....LOL

I am looking for new fins, and so am in the same search as the OP is. I have narrowed down my search to Seawing Nova, Mares Quattro, or the Mares X-Stream. I am not looking for "speed", but am looking for good thrust with reduced effort (I guess that's what most are looking for).
I have read much on SB concerning the Seawings, but haven't found much on the two Mares mentioned above, especially the X-Stream. As far as the Mares, I am particularly interested in the X-Stream, due to their unique design, and manufacturer performance claims. Of course, I realize that any resemblance between the manufacturer claims, and reality, may be purely coincidental (LOL).
Anyone have experience with the Mares X-Stream, in particular?? I think this would be a help to myself, as well as the OP.

Ben

I now realize, after sending my post above, that I was mispelling the Mares X-Stream on my searches (DUHHH). No wonder I could not find much. I have now found some very intersting posts, after I corrected my spelling.

Thanks

Being the only fins I have owned, I recommend the Atomic split fins. They kick easy, work well in current and practically eliminate cramps. I was forced to use a loaner set of fins on a live aboard when our luggage got lost and fought cramps all week and noticed that my and my wifes dives were shorter due to our gas comsumption. This was only evident after comparing similar dives( depth wise) to the ones we made that week. That's my .02's worth.

Dive Rite or OMS Slipstreams. Both are light in the water and stiff enough to do the precision, non-silting kicks. I like the Slipstreams now that they have them in smaller sizes. They're the easiest fin to back kick in I've ever tried.

Dive Rite or OMS Slipstreams. Both are light in the water and stiff enough to do the precision, non-silting kicks. I like the Slipstreams now that they have them in smaller sizes. They're the easiest fin to back kick in I've ever tried.

i second to this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom