I would like to make my own hookah setup....is it this simple?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brownie's is not the only hookah supplier by any means, there are lots of 'em. You could do all this legwork yourself, but since I'm a nice guy, I'll help you out:

Brownies Third Lung Hookah Diving Systems
Keene Engineering, manufacturer of mining, prospecting, diving equipment and more!
About us | Powerdive Worldwide
Air Line Diving System | The Air Line by J. Sink
Hookah dive gear featuring direct drive hookah dive systems by the Air Line
Sea Breathe, The Electric Snorkel
Hookamax Dive Systems
Super Snorkel

Most of these places will carry the yellow Synflex hose. Again, if you want the good stuff your LDS or a commercial dive supply is the place to go:

Amron International Inc. - Products - Umbilicals, Hoses & Fittings

Any other sources for the hose only? Amron only sells in 300' increments.

Get the 3/16" ID Green O2 welding hose. It's sold in 50, 75, and 100' lengths. Rated working PSI is 200. This is all you need for a hooka or deco rig.

McMaster-Carr

Any other sources for the hose only? Amron only sells in 300' increments.
Your LDS should be able to source custom lengths of Grade-E breathing hose. If you would be happy with the Synflex hose, any of the hookah sellers listed above can do that for you as well.

Thanks fstbttms. I will call around and see where I can get the Grade-E hose.

lead = delicious

on a serious note, great academic research and arguing! it's really nice to read 8 pages of threads with a serious lack of personal attacks!

Im sure there are many trained and experienced commercial divers reading this, so I will be brief. As a Commercial diver with ten years experience iv done some personal investigating on what will and wont work on all aspects of diving. The bottom line is if your working at depth and your life depends on it you dont want to constantly be thinking in the back of your head as you are burning through steel with a torch at 10,000 degrees at the tip in low to zero vis in decent current .... gee is that soda hose im breathing off of going to blow a hole and kill me? Hmmm. Dont go cheap guys, this business claims lives every year from professionals that are trained and experienced. If you go buy soda hose or welding hose or anything but industry standard YOU DONT KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT WHAT YOUR DOING. And you may get lucky once or twice but all it takes is a green ass diver and a kink you cant find quickly and bye bye, and then your friends will end up at a wake with 100 feet of used soda hose and no soda.

Back
Top Bottom