What's your TBT on a AL80?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My longest dive ever was 54 min on an AL 80. Max depth 42 ft, average depth was between 30-40 ft. I'm trying to improve :)

I think the better measurement would be of yourself and your SAC rate average. If you are improving your SAC rate average, then you are improving your air usage. My average is 34 psi/min at 50ft. However, I did a performance bouancy checkup this weekend at 20 feet and cranked off a 17.7psi/min over 40 minutes. Didn't do anything but hover and run through equipment and safety checks. Activity and depth have a huge impact on your consumption.

That's one thing I was thinking that Depth plays a role in my air consumption.

So for, my longest dive with an al80 was 48 min with an average depth of 40 ft. I was limited by the boat as this was the second dive of the day. I got back on the boat with almost 800psi left in th tank.

I get around half an hour at 60 ft with 1000psi rock bottom (about 35-40 min with surfacing) Or 50-60 min at 20 ft on a reef.
25 mins at a 100 when used as a stage down to 200-300psi

I'm in the same ballpark.

I get about 40-50 minutes on AL80 depending on which beach I've been diving. One reef is about 400 yards off shore and one long surface swim. Generally getting about 40 minutes on those dives. Another beach reef is just off shore. Had 58 minutes as longest dive with AL80. both times around 500 PSI remaining. Water conditions here are cold with bottom temps low 50's diving 7 mm wetsuits with full hood/booties/gloves with surge on the reefs.

I've gotten about 65-70min at 40ft max on AL 80, while hunting Lionfish down in Dominican Republic. Warm waters, weak currents and great visibility make a huge difference. Plus being properly weighted helps.

My longest dive on an 80 was this past friday night. 65 minutes avg. depth 23.7 feet came out with 750lbs.

at 33' about 160 minutes.

My SAC is .4 in open water.

My longest dive was 103 minutes, but we've logged quite a few "deep dives" which we considered long at 70 - 75 minutes!! Or by means of your second post are you asking what our longest TBT was with an average depth of 34 feet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom