texas flower garden diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am looking for a trip to the tTexas flower gardens for a dive trip. need a reputable dive shop with whom to book. Any help is appreciated, live in Memphis and trying to find close dive shop for the trip

One of the nice things about the Flower Gardens is that the dive shop doesn't make too much difference. Figure out when you want to go and then figure out which dive shops are going that weekend. Fling Charters and Spree Expeditions are the two groups to go with.

Last I heard all of the Spree FG trips were sold out, but you can check their website

Spree Expeditions M/V Spree SCUBA Diving Dry Tortugas, Flower Garden Banks, USS Oriskany

Your target dates should be late July through August. Those are the best chances to run.

The Fling website Fling Charters has the dive shops listed for each weekend they are running. Pick one. They should all treat you well.

Lots of tips and info on the Texas section of the board. Read it over.

Have fun

Tom

Welcome to SB. :humble:

Flower Gardens is neat diving if you don't get blown out. If the trip cancels the night before, you lose $100 or so on the plane ticket and have to reschedule. I enjoyed doing it once, but Cozumel is so much more dependable - other than in winter northers, when FG is not divable anyway.

The FGB is always a bit of a crap shoot when it come to weather and whether (they can dive). The call is usually made at noon the day the trip leaves but weather can change and so can that call.

Talk with Tom at island divers at galveston
Number: 409.621.2010
address: 525 25th street, Galveston, TX 77550
They do a trip nearly every week with ether the fling or the spree call them they wont disappoint you :D

Back
Top Bottom