Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron,

I have had my Cobalt for about 10 months. I registered it online when I purchased it. I love the Cobalt, it has been a great computer. Recently I had issues with the top button not responding and noticed that the button has come partially loose at the top throwing of the alignment of the magnet. It is very difficult to get the up button to respond at this point.

Do I need to take it back to the shop to,have it sent in for repair or can I send it in directly? Also, what is the turn around time for this repair?

Thank you for your assistance.
KMil,

PM me with your information and an email and I will help you get this taken care of- it's probably something you can do yourself in a few minutes. If you end up needing a replacement keypad, they are easy to install.

Ron

It's nothing magic. They're just pointing out that when you set a bearing, the compass automatically sets a reciprocal heading at 180° from the original heading. Follow the green circle out, the red triangle back. This phrase makes it sound like there is some navigational feature that will automatically guide you back, that's not the case.

Now that would be an awesome feature!!

PM sent. Thank you Ron.

My simulation dives are showing bottom time as 216 mins no matter what they actually are? I know another user had the same issue, but couldn't find the original post.
Also, was there a fix to display actual time (12:00am) during a dive? Thanks

My simulation dives are showing bottom time as 216 mins no matter what they actually are? I know another user had the same issue, but couldn't find the original post.
Also, was there a fix to display actual time (12:00am) during a dive? Thanks

Yes, this is an error in the Sim dive program, it is fixed in the next firmware update, but is still an issue in 1.13. Newer firmware also shows the time of day alternating with the temperature during a dive. I'll try to find out when Atomic plans to post this to the website.

Ron

Hi Ron,
I am a gadget geek and proceeded to flash my new Cobalt using Mountain Lion without first reading this forum. That didn't work so well. I sent it back to AA today, again without reading this forum first.

I had used it for only 4 dives, but it was really really slick! I even heard an alarm while in the water. Ha! I was gonna inactivate it after I got through flashing it.

Anyway, this is a great product! I am impressed by your responsiveness on this forum!

Hi Ron,
I am a gadget geek and proceeded to flash my new Cobalt using Mountain Lion without first reading this forum. That didn't work so well. I sent it back to AA today, again without reading this forum first.

I had used it for only 4 dives, but it was really really slick! I even heard an alarm while in the water. Ha! I was gonna inactivate it after I got through flashing it.

Anyway, this is a great product! I am impressed by your responsiveness on this forum!

Thanks. We're trying a new approach to get a flash updater that works under Lion/ Mountain Lion. Hope to be able to avoid situations like yours soon.

Ron

Just some follow up. I sent in my cobalt because I crashed a firmware upgrade. I had good communication by email with Aidan. They had trouble with my cobalt not wanting to connect, so they replaced it with a new one. Got it in today. Thanks for the help Ron

I recently purchased a Cobalt and so far love it. After getting it I was interested in finding a case for it. I didn’t see one from Atomic, which I see from reading this thread, has been discussed. I will say after a little searching I found a case which I find ideal and thought I would share the find. This case is designed for a GPS device, it is pseudo hard, and has an internal mess web that holds the Cobalt in place so no matter how it is opened the DC will not fall out. It has a pouch on the inside top cover (opposite of the DC) which the adapter and USB cable fit perfectly into. You can find it at any BestBuy for under $25 Lowepro - 5.0 Navi Shield for Most 5" GPS - LP36327-0AM. See the photo for how the Cobalt fits the case.

DSCN0599.jpgDSCN0600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom