Blue Angel Staff Changes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... and now the plot thickens. Well, not really. Maybe I missed it, but I never heard Eva complain about the contacts being taken and now Jeanie and justified her rights to the list. I for one didn't realize that she did bookings for other resorts. She was just the one that responded when I inquired the first time. I even recall that quipped to my wife that her name didn't seem very "authentic" in a Mexican sense. Just seems to be the case of a bunch of busy-bodies with nothing else better to do, myself included.

What I find interesting is that when people jumped to conclusion and assumed the contact information was "lifted", "poached" or "stolen" no one took issue with the fact that the information was not secured by the rightful owner. :confused:

You are assuming that because Eva hasn't posted here that this is no big deal to her? Incorrect sir and there is much more to it. I am going to leave it at that.

... and now the plot thickens. Well, not really. Maybe I missed it, but I never heard Eva complain about the contacts being taken and now Jeanie and justified her rights to the list. I for one didn't realize that she did bookings for other resorts. She was just the one that responded when I inquired the first time. I even recall that I quipped to my wife that her name didn't seem very "authentic" in a Mexican sense. Just seems to be the case of a bunch of busy-bodies with nothing else better to do, myself included.

What I find interesting is that when people jumped to conclusion and assumed the contact information was "lifted", "poached" or "stolen" no one took issue with the fact that the information was not secured by the rightful owner. :confused:

I'd think the people involved in all this are probably dealing with it more off line in 'the real world' then worrying about updating this thread for our curiosity.

You are assuming that because Eva hasn't posted here that this is no big deal to her? Incorrect sir and there is much more to it. I am going to leave it at that.

I'm not incorrect... just dealing with the information I have (not just here but other social media sites) which is obviously much different than yours, Christi. Further, I don't think it's a good idea for anyone with privileged and/or non-public information to persuade others in a public forum to think differently based on their privileged information.

I'd think the people involved in all this are probably dealing with it more off line in 'the real world' then worrying about updating this thread for our curiosity.
I would certainly hope so, however, the parties involved of the new start up have felt it necessary to address it publicly... not sure how I feel about that but we've all seen it here before. Makes you wonder just how big SB is the eyes of dive service providers.

the parties involved of the new start up have felt it necessary to address it publicly... not sure how I feel about that but we've all seen it here before.

Well, one thing you might want to consider is those that have the most guilt tend to be the most vocal in defending themselves. Shakespheare's famous line comes to mind - "the lady doth protest too much"

Someone on the right side of a wronging is probably more interested in taking real action than going back and forth with somebody on scubaboard.

those that have the most guilt tend to be the most vocal in defending themselves.

Generally speaking, that does tend to be the case but in this instance, I read it as an attempt to clear an overt negative perception before they even had a chance to take out their first boat clients.

I'm not taking sides here and have no fiscal interests with anyone involved. For a few seconds I was sad to hear my friend Jorge was leaving BA then relieved to hear he was staying. I've dived many, many tanks with BA and plan to dive many more to come. I also enjoyed dealing with Jeanie and getting to know her and Mike over the years. In the end, I loose and that is why I'm interested in these events.

One of the best things about Cozumel is to see how most of the operators stand-up and support one another and you never hear of any public out lashings. I know all parties will work out any differences they have with each other professionally and away from any public forum regardless of what anyone thinks is wright or wrong... it's not my business nor anyone else's. I have no expectation that either will disclose any of it... it's not my business or anyone else's. I'm just glad Jorge decided to stay.... did I say that already?

I hope it all settles and everyone drops in in the next day or two...

I cannot believe this is still going on, I would think cozumel dive ops, would not what this much bad PR. Let it go. Tres and BA will sort it out. As for me i am going to take a break from going to cozumel. This is a bunch of crap. I am assuming that none of the dive ops in cozumel, never hired someone from another op before and trained every dm and all thier support staff that worked for them. Thats a amazing, as i have work for and now own my own business and people move around. Thats life. As for the contact list, if do not want to on it, ask Jeanie to remove your names. It seens kind of simple. And as for Chirsti you are a professional person, as a dive operation that has nothing to do with this, you seem to be dragging this out. Maybe your intent is to harm BA and Tres operation by not letting this go.

Cozumel seems to provoke more drama than any soap.

I have never been, all I can say is that between this thread and another that comes to mind, there are too many people slinging stuff back and forth that I would never bother to do business with as a consequence. There are at least two shops mixed into this thread that have nothing to do with the dust up that I can see. IMHO they would have been better staying out of it. There was no percentage for them in getting mixed up in this, and to me it represents bad business judgement.

When I do get to Cozumel, and I will, I won't be going for the drama.

Cozumel seems to provoke more drama than any soap.

I have never been, all I can say is that between this thread and another that comes to mind, there are too many people slinging stuff back and forth that I would never bother to do business with as a consequence. There are at least two shops mixed into this thread that have nothing to do with the dust up that I can see. IMHO they would have been better staying out of it. There was no percentage for them in getting mixed up in this, and to me it represents bad business judgement.

When I do get to Cozumel, and I will, I won't be going for the drama.

I gree with you about the dive operators that have no business here. I have seen the one bluextseadiving and will not dive at that op. And when we go diving we dive four to five times a day. I have enough drama here, when I go on holidays, its to get away from all that.

Back
Top Bottom