Blue Angel Staff Changes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have been diving at BA for five years. I like the resort, I like all the DM. I have my favs. Jorge is one of them. I will try other dive operations. I have waited for all the people that are involved with this to say what happened. Now I look back and alot of all this was very unnecessary. I do have problems with some staff at BA and will never have anything to do with them ever. Will I not stay at BA again, no I will, will I never try another dive operation, no I most likely will. All this is for nothing, this is how stuff gets way out of control. I would have never joined scuba board other than this whole ba vs tres. I hope things go well for both businesses. There is always good and bad with businesses. The good has to outway the bad.

---------- Post Merged at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:41 PM ----------

It's always interesting to hear the other side - thanks. I am not interested in taking anyone's side, but this has been interesting. Mostly it looks like their business.

I agree that is their business. Employees come and go. I have my own business and always try to keep my good employees, but always wish them well if they decide to leave. everyone has the right to improve their lives. Even if us owners think its a wrong decision. :)

Just a note that may be of some interest. I have never stayed at Blue Angel nor used their operation. I stayed at the Villa Blanca and dove with Scuba Mau. I did eat dinner a couple of times at the Blue Angel. I also received the aforementioned email so clearly they were not using names exclusively from Blue Angel. In fact they obviously have a source which may include some Blue Angel clients but also includes many other dive visitors to Coz.

It seems clear to me that the source of clients is not limited to Blue Angel guests. That leads me to conclude that those concluding the only way the list for emails was for them to have been "lifted" from Blue Angel are in error. I don't know how the heck they got my name but I know it wasn't from a Blue Angel list. In short those thinking something unscrupulous was done should not be so sure.

I have no dog is this fight, didn't receive an email, haven't stayed at Blue Angel or it's previous iterations. I've never met, spoken or communicated with anyone from Blue Angel Resort or Tres Pelicanos.

I find Jeanie's post concerning her business history fascinating. It appears she booked clients for years under some form of "Blue Angel" business name/email, whatever, pre-dating the business name "Blue Angel Resort". Is it possible the name Blue Angel was "poached" either with or without her consent? Curious.

It also sounds like Jeanie may have been in a subcontractor role, which if so, puts the situation in very different light.

I find Jeanie's post concerning her business history fascinating. It appears she booked clients for years under some form of "Blue Angel" business name/email, whatever, pre-dating the business name "Blue Angel Resort". Is it possible the name Blue Angel was "poached" either with or without her consent? Curious.

It also sounds like Jeanie may have been in a subcontractor role, which if so, puts the situation in very different light.

You are kidding right?

The dive shop name Blue Angel has been in existence FAR longer that you are apparently aware!

I also received the aforementioned email a couple of days ago. I have never stayed or dove with Blue Angle. All I can figure was I must be on a someone's contact list from years back when I email loads of dive shops before my first visit, not sure if Blue Angel was one of them. I read the email and deleted it since I have no desire of changing shops. As DannyDon stated" I am not interested in taking anyone's side, but this has been interesting. Mostly it looks like their business."

I have no dog is this fight, didn't receive an email, haven't stayed at Blue Angel or it's previous iterations. I've never met, spoken or communicated with anyone from Blue Angel Resort or Tres Pelicanos.

The dive shop was named Blue Angel while the hotel went by other names until the last ownership change.

All this drama is making me feel sad and stuff. I do not know if I can ever go to Cozumel again.

It seems clear to me that the source of clients is not limited to Blue Angel guests. That leads me to conclude that those concluding the only way the list for emails was for them to have been "lifted" from Blue Angel are in error. I don't know how the heck they got my name but I know it wasn't from a Blue Angel list. In short those thinking something unscrupulous was done should not be so sure.

It also seems clear to me that the source of clients is not limited to Blue Angel guests, but I still conclude that one of the ways the list was obtained was by lifting part of it from BA. IMHO, Jeanie's post supports this since she avoided commenting on it, even though it is a main concern in this thread.

All this drama is making me feel sad and stuff. I do not know if I can ever go to Cozumel again.
No reason for that. It's really just business dealings between island folks. Jeanie started handling internet bookings back when Coz had dial-up service only probably so sure she had the records. At what point of ownership changes could one say she shouldn't have or use them? I really can't see it as more than advertizing announcing one more dive op to chose from, but go where you want to. I bet Tres Pelicans boats can pick up at BA pier.

If Jeanie acted as an independent travel agency and was sending bookings to Blue Angel resort and or dive shop then the crux of the legal issue would be in the agreement (if one exists) between her travel agency and the places she sent bookings to. I'd think any smart travel agency would want to retain the original customer as their customer and not award it to where they were making bookings at. If the customer contacts Jeanie first and then she books them with a resort, unless the agreement between Jeanie and her resorts says other wise, I think it's logical to assume she 'own's' that customers contact information.

If she has the same relationship with this new dive shop as she had with the other, this might be a wake up call to the new dive shop to work out an understanding right now of who own's these new customers coming to their dive shop through Jeanie. If things sour they will be in the same boat as the Blue Angel Resort is now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom