Intova Sport Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being impatient; instead of waiting for Intova to reply, I decided to search out the firmware file on my own. It was hard to find on Intova's website, but google helped. Here it is:

Firmware update | Intova

Last edited:
I really don't understand your, "tired of waiting for Intova reply." I had nothing but the best of assistance from Kevin. I am not in anyway part of the company but wish that other companies were as helpful and willing to stepup to the plate as the Intova crew.

Were you waiting for a reply on this thread or did you contact them via direct email? Given they are in HI, their response time to my emails has always been good.

I am with Insta-gator. I just pick up the phone and it's like talking to my dive buddy or friend and very helpful.

Aha! Not trying to say they are not responsive, I'm just impatient. Also, right after emailing them, I got a bounce-back stating I needed to add my mail address to some whitelist so it could reach Kevin. I sent the email Friday night, it's now Monday night. It is completely reasonable in my mind to have not yet received a reply. I'll see if I can edit my previous post to change the tone. :)

I don't think it was your tone but more likely we were alittle shocked at a slow response from Intova.

my intova has a high-pitched ringing sound in every recording, and i've noticed it some of the clips in this thread... does everyone have it? and isn't that annoying or do you not notice it?

my intova has a high-pitched ringing sound in every recording, and i've noticed it some of the clips in this thread... does everyone have it? and isn't that annoying or do you not notice it?

I've never noticed it. But then again, I have tinnitus, so I always have high-pitched ringing in my ears.

Hummm, I have yet to hear it since I keep the audio recording off. I am going to change that after were in Peacock and after seeing the cluster, I enjoyed hearing what JamesK said on the video. Since you stated that you have seen some clips that have it in it, can you post one for us to see / hear?

Here are some clips from this thread that have the same high-pitched sound present, mine is the same.
I thought maybe it was my speakers at first, but i opened the EQ display with my player and it showed the high-pitch frequency in the original file.

edit: sorry i cant embed yet. i'll post the links later

---------- Post added February 15th, 2013 at 05:17 PM ----------

i checked the audio of a few posters' vids and the spike appears to be at 7870.4 khz, same as mine.
maybe my ears are just sensitive to that pitch?

Night dive testing Intova Sport Pro - YouTube
Intova Sport Pro Test. Lion Fish. - YouTube
Spotted moray eel cleaning. Shot on Big Island, HI, "Two Steps" 5/2012 - YouTube

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom