Shore dive weekend of 7/24 & 25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Suzanne,

I believe it's "8:30 show at the middle beach south of the cove beach club by the meters near the shower" as Scubaguy so eloquently put it :D Did you get a chance to see that location also? Just wondering how far up the beach the construction went.

Juan

freedive:
Hi Suzanne,

I believe it's "8:30 show at the middle beach south of the cove beach club by the meters near the shower" as Scubaguy so eloquently put it :D Did you get a chance to see that location also? Just wondering how far up the beach the construction went.

Juan

I Might be able to join for a morning dive as long as I can finish unpacking my stuff........

Pompano is nice, but not a lot of parking, or we could go north of Commerical pier. There is a big parking lot, showers and the reef is just as nice there.

:06: I think Scuba Jenny's idea of the area North of Commercial is a good one for Saturday until the construction of whatever Deerfield is doing is finished.

The spot South of the Condos was still open but there are only a few parking spots and construction of what looked like another condo was going on at the South end of that area. The middle section where the Parking lot is was still open from the pier to the parking lot, but you have a long walk from the lot down the beach to the rocks where the private section starts. Its a beach walk as this is where the sidewalk area is torn out. Thats is the only place that divers can access the water for diving. The life guards will not let you enter anywhere else on the public section.

Zuzanne

The parents decided to drive back today, so I'm officially in for tomorrow!!! I can't wait to dive with you guys and celebrate Rick's return to the briny deep!

Fill me in a bit - we're thinking of going NORTH of Commercial? What's the reef like there? Same as to the South? (The reason I'm asking is that the last time I dove from Hibiscus, we swam just a little out past the pier and found some wonderful, high relief hard corals. I'm looking for more of the same.)

Any suggestions on parking? And what's the plan for lunch (my family will join us after they get up - can't seem to work up much enthusiasm for waking up early to sit on the beach while Dad dives with his friends - go figure!)

See you guys soon,
Grier

The area of 12th street in Pompano, although somewhat limited in the amount of parking meters, as opposed to LBTS, has an unpaved parking area off A1A, next to (south of) the shopping strip at the intersection of 12th street and A1A. This parking area is FREE!!! The surface swim is shorter there at Pompano.

My dear honey/buddy is going to take a recon drive by the Deerfield area and scope it out for status; she will call me later to advise. In the interim, if you all would not mind doing Pompano instead it will be much appreciated. I do, however, remain open to do LBTS if the majority so desires it.

More details to follow.

Grier, I'm glad you'll be joining us. The deal with lunch has changed from a bbq at tradewinds park to a beach picnic, in an effort to minimize traveling back and from the park. So feel free (well, on second thought, your family should) to bring food and let's all have a ball wherever it is we decide to dive. If anyone has a portable grill, we just may be able to bbq a few things.

BTW, here's what NOAA says about tomorrow

SATURDAY...WINDS SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST AROUND 5 KNOTS IN THE
MORNING BECOMING VARIABLE LESS THAN 5 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS SMOOTH. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

Not that I carry much weight around here, but I've been dying to do Pompano (since I live right there).

The baby (I mean toddler) is still sick but I'd still like to dive (though it would have to be a "dive and run"). I just can't justify leaving my wife alone with the sicky for too long.

Pompano sounds fine to me. 12th street is fine also. I don't think we can have fires on the beach either. So, I guess Hermit Crab and I will see everybody at 8:30 am.
I will bring kid drinks and chips, and some watermelon.

Oh yeah- Grier, so glad you will be able to make it tomorrow. See! it was a good trade, I just knew your parents would love to go home a day early if you paid them enough! :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom