Shore dive weekend of 7/24 & 25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DANG NAB IT!!! Can't make it from Tampa to you guys by 8:30am. Guess I'll have to con my buddy to take his boat out this weekend.

Paul

You can if you start early enough:D

Are you trying to challenge me to get my lazy tail out of bed at 3-4 am and drive over there???

Well.. if you want to take it that way......:D
Guess it really depends on how bad you want to dive with us....

garshhhhh....where is this beach dive again??

Paul

Deerfield Beach, north of Ft. Lauderdale

hmmmmm......3.5 hours

Wish I could join you guys! Enjoyed our last party...but alas! I have to work this weekend and must be out of the water too early! So I'm in search of sunrise beach buddies once again. Have a great time!

Glad you are back Rick
Happy Birthday Sage

Renee

Well, it looks like the little one is coming down with a cold. We'll have to see how things are looking by late tomorrow. I could always do the morning dive as long as you guys don't mind me taking off shortly after to get home to the mama and sick baby!

Nate

ATTENTION EVERYONE PLANNING TO DIVE DEERFIELD THIS SATURDAY

WE HAVE AN ACCESS PROBLEM TO DEERFIELD BEACH AREA DUE TO CONSTRUCTION ON THE SOUTH BEACH/BOARDWALK SECTION!!!!!!

Hubby & I were going to dive the South end just down from the pier today and found that they have the area fenced off from the parking lot South to 2nd Street. The entire beach section there has been fenced off and the sidewalk area from what we could see was totally torn out. Not sure what they are doing but we need to rethink location for Saturday. The South Section that was shown in the maps above that is where the steps go down to the beach was still open to the public but not a lot of parking spots... Otherwise we might consider LBTS as an alternate site due to lack of parking.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this, so lets put our scuba heads together and work out location ASAP so we all know where to meet.

We ended up at LBTS and had an awesome dive. After dive while getting some beach time there was a pod of 5 manatees came down the shallow water along side the beach.
Crowd of beach goers took to the water and I was terrified at the stress they were putting the manatees under. They were pulling on them and some kids were even trying to climb on them to ride on their backs. I think every TV news chopper was in the air circling the area. I tried to get the people to let them go back out to sea as did a couple of other folks but it was definately mob madness. I hope the manatees made it safely to where ever they were headed. The marine patrol & Sherriff's boat finally showed up and tried to heard them out away from the mob. Very sad.

Let me know on location for Saturday.

Zuzanne

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom