Baby Robin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baby Robins are cute.

My daughter is called Robinn and nothing is cuter than her.

mech:
Good for you.
I'm like the biggest animal lover and try to help out any time I can.
A few years ago I raised a Green Wing Macaw (same bird as the old mascot here) from a fledgling.
Required lots of spoon time.
Today this bird thinks I'm it's signifigant other :07: .
I'm slightly concerned about your baby though.
I'm not an expert by any means but am wondering if it will be able to adjust to the wild or be a pet.
Could you ask your local wild life rehab center for some advice?
It might be best for the youngin to have some expert care/advice to further it's rehab prior to being let loose.
Good luck to you.
Mech

Not to worry, I gave the bird to an expert. She has done this several times with no problems. Since the bird is now hopping around, she will be putting the bird outside for an hour each day (supervised of course) in a cage that allows the bird to be on the grass. This will begin getting the bird used to being outside and it will begin picking at stuff in the grass. This process takes about 5 to 6 weeks of beginning to let the bird feed on it's own and using live worms and insects. Baby birds are dependent on their parents long after they can fly, so this will be interesting. I will visit the bird and take pics for the board members to see the progress. This is the first time I've ever been involved in something like this, so it is interesting to me.

I just thought I'd chime in here to tell you that keeping wild birds is illegal in most states, even if they appear to be orphaned. You might want to be careful who you turn it over to.

The key word there is "keeping". No one intends to keep this bird. The bird has been rescued and I would doubt very much if any court in the country would really try such a case. Robins are considered song birds and are not endangered. If this was an endangered species, I would have contacted more agencies when I found the bird. I did contact a couple of agencies, and their comment: Good Luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom