DIR gear rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

augurs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I'm looking into taking a GUE fundies course or trying to arrange a GUE primer course but as I'm a newish diver, I don't really own a lot of gear yet so I'd have to rent the bulk of it to take a class. I've been googling for places where I could rent a BP/W and other assorted gear that I'd need but not having much luck. I did find a shop in LA but that doesn't help me here.

Don't make me go down to LA to do a course, please D:

Hi,

Have you checked with Frank at Any Water Sports in San Jose?
Feel free to email me offline and I will try to help find you some options.

thanks,
-Rob

rhl@gue.com

I looked at the site but didn't see BP/Ws as an option for rentals but I'll email him later to ask about one. Will email you too when I can :)

DIR says that if you rent gear YOU WILL DIE!

only till the end of the day when you commence ratio resurection of 1 min for every dollar you saved by renting.
DIR says that if you rent gear YOU WILL DIE!

Only if I could afford both the course and gear at this time :(

Just heard back from Any Water Sports and they have DIR gear for rental!
We do rent a halcyon eclipse with a ss backplate. We can help you out with just about anything you need to take fundies.

I think I saw an ad for a dss plate/wing, scubamax reg, and atlan drysuit (needs new wrist seals) for 450 on CL. might be worth checking out.

check with your instructor. Many will lend you equipment for the class, perhaps not an entire gear configuration, but parts of it.

Will ask my instructor when I enroll in a course but I just want to make sure that I still can get the gear to do the course if they don't have anything to lend me :)

I think I saw an ad for a dss plate/wing, scubamax reg, and atlan drysuit (needs new wrist seals) for 450 on CL. might be worth checking out.

Oh hey, that's a pretty good deal but I think I'd prefer to rent for now until I figure out what I want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom