Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No, it looks like crap to me

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes, I am a geek and want to see the gear used in the movie

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reviewer on CNBC today said it is one of the summer's must see movies. The thing cost something like $125,000 to make.

Yeha, I saw the commercail for it "The greatest shark movie since JAWS!!!" the voice over said......meh. The only other shark movie I've seen since Jaws, had Lou Diamond Phillips in it, so, yeah, I guess it would be pretty easy to be the greatest since Jaws....

Anywho, I didn't realize it was a shark story..I thought it was about being left behind...I guess they needed to have some kind of ending and if I remember right, they did find some chewed up gear washed up on shore that they thought might be the couples...why not make up a shark ending.

oh yeah, naw, I think I'll pass. 2 hours of watching people bob around getting nibbled on? Sounds kind boring to me.

Saw it tonight. I've seen better photography on home video. Horrible photography. Crap production values. Badly filmed.

On the other hand...

Intense story, good acting. It had me in knots a couple of times but I am watching it from a diver's perspective. So from that angle you could really get into it. I enjoyed it. Just know going in that it looks cheap. But tensionwise you are in for a ride.

I just got an email from a friend who says the movie was produced for ony $130,000. I don't know if it's true that the budget was so limited, but it would definitely explain the appearance of "cheapness." My friend also mentioned that the director is a diver.

I plan to see it, and think I'll like it better on the big screen.

The last time I watched a low budget movie that was touted by critics as "must see" was "Blair Witch Project." Not only was I horribly disappointed, but I was dizzy too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom