Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No, it looks like crap to me

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes, I am a geek and want to see the gear used in the movie

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, so far, as a movie, it's getting good reviews, but doesn't open in the US until this Friday, and then only limited.

I'll see it when it comes out on DVD and I have a free rental coming to me!

I doubt it, but...

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I saw the movie here in Hawaii at the Maui Film Festival (www.mauifilmfestival.com) . Lots of folks turned out for it. It was alright, had some scary moments. If you dive, you can really feel for the people in the movie. Some stuff didn't make sense, like the boat they went out on seemed to be pretty poorly operated. I've worked on dive boats for many years and we never did things the way they did in the movie. See it for yourself, it's worth watching if you're into diving. Could scare away non-divers if they aren't educated on the fact that the way they did things in the flick is NOT the way it should be done. There was another movie that same night, right after Open Water called Napoleon Dynamite....now that's a cool movie. One of the funniest flicks I think I've ever seen.

Ah-Lowwwww-Haaaa!

Shaka Doug

Has anyone seen the new movie 'Open Water'? For those who havnt heard of it, it's about a couple of American divers who were left in the middle of the ocean off Cairns, Australia while on a charter boat. Was wondering what everyone thinks of it, and whether it's worth seeing (it hasnt started here yet).

Aussie Diver:
Has anyone seen the new movie 'Open Water'? For those who havnt heard of it, it's about a couple of American divers who were left in the middle of the ocean off Cairns, Australia while on a charter boat. Was wondering what everyone thinks of it, and whether it's worth seeing (it hasnt started here yet).

Being new to diving and all I don't want to be scared to death about diving by a film that is trying to do just that.
I'll just throw another shrimp on the barby.

Aussie Diver:
we dont call em shrimp mate.

Then what do you call'm

Back
Top Bottom