Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No, it looks like crap to me

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes, I am a geek and want to see the gear used in the movie

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aussie Diver:

I guess crocidile dundee brain washed us all.
I eat shrimp all the time, even if they are really prawns.
So next time I will throw some prawns on the barby.
Cheers

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Haven't seen the movie, but I think I'll wait for it to come out on DVD. Or maybe even wait for cable. It just sounds like another bad movie, but I could be wrong.

Christian

It starts today and i'll be going to see it tonight. I can't wait to see it ..sounds/looks good.

dlndavid:
I guess crocidile dundee brain washed us all.
I eat shrimp all the time, even if they are really prawns.
So next time I will throw some prawns on the barby.
Cheers

If he'd said "prawn" many would not have known what he was talking about so it was "americanized".

I was once at a beach and a lovely young lady from Liverpool asked my buddy if she could "bum a fag". He looked shocked. I told him "she wants either a cigarette or a bundle of sticks."

Looks interesting.....

We were talking about that movie doing our 10 min treading water during class. I'd like to see it.... don't know how my wife will like it....she's not diving, btw.

I saw a screening of it last night. I thought it would be a good idea to take my girlfriend to see it before our Cayman trip in two weeks :D

My overall assessment of the movie was it was OK! It is an independent film that was very low budget so you have to take that into consideration. I did not find it very scary however my girlfriend was at the edge of her seat for some parts. She is a bit afraid of sharks. It has a twist to the ending which I was not prepared for but overall it was ok.

As far as scaring people away from diving, I highly doubt it will do that but to maybe a select few who are scared of the ocean anyway. They filmed in the Bahamas where Carribean Reef sharks are plentiful, even if you don't see them they are near you. And those sharks could care less about you as I witnessed during a "controversial" shark feeding with Stuart Cove's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom