OFWF Gathering - Kingston August 28/29 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I'm on a charter, but not sure when or where or with whom.

DivingGal, is there any information about when and where the boats are leaving?

Anyone want to take a poor vehicle-less diver from Toronto out to Kingston and back?

Edit: I just might have a ride scared up to get me out & back - but the in town commute will still be a killer. Where is everyone staying again?

OK I'll be on the phone with Jim and confirm timings (I can't find my note where I wrote it down :( )

As most of us are at the same hotel we can convoy to the marina, otherwise meet at the dock (see his web page for details where he's now located) for either a 8:00 or a 8:30 departure. Head out do two dives, and be back shortly after the noon hour.

Back in time for those who want a shore dive at one of the local Kingston sites. NTD is close to the marina for those who need fills. But don't forget the surface gathering at the pub (thanks Sirius).

Then a repeat on Sunday....

(I'll confirm the time and post it here)

Ok, I am in, if there is room, and I guess I will find out when I stop by NTD today. Only catch is that for the Saturday dives I will need a buddy as mine is likely to be playing in a rugby tournament unless they get their butts kicked today :wink: (they better not break my buddy or there will be trouble!). Game for almost any wreck (ones I haven't done would be nice but who could say no to the Comet again?). AOW equivalent, nitrox, backplate/longhose weenie etc., etc, fine going triple with a buddy pair. Soo - if anyone has boat space they are trying to get rid of, please PM me for my new cell #. Could use two spots for the Sunday dives, if available.

cat:
Ok, I am in, if there is room, and I guess I will find out when I stop by NTD today. Only catch is that for the Saturday dives I will need a buddy as mine is likely to be playing in a rugby tournament unless they get their butts kicked today :wink: (they better not break my buddy or there will be trouble!). Game for almost any wreck (ones I haven't done would be nice but who could say no to the Comet again?). AOW equivalent, nitrox, backplate/longhose weenie etc., etc, fine going triple with a buddy pair. Soo - if anyone has boat space they are trying to get rid of, please PM me for my new cell #. Could use two spots for the Sunday dives, if available.
I could be your buddy, cat......... :)

Yes, I believe I've scared up a ride (and a backup ride, too!) for next weekend........ just requiring site-to-site shuttling. :)

Sirius Diver:
Here is the info folks. It'll be a good night for partying as well since it's Blues Fest Wknd! :dazzler1:

34 Clarence Street,
Kingston, ON
K7L 1W9
What time are we booked for?

DivingGal:
OK I'll be on the phone with Jim and confirm timings (I can't find my note where I wrote it down :( )

As most of us are at the same hotel we can convoy to the marina, otherwise meet at the dock (see his web page for details where he's now located) for either a 8:00 or a 8:30 departure. Head out do two dives, and be back shortly after the noon hour.

Back in time for those who want a shore dive at one of the local Kingston sites. NTD is close to the marina for those who need fills. But don't forget the surface gathering at the pub (thanks Sirius).

Then a repeat on Sunday....

(I'll confirm the time and post it here)

Hi DivingGal and everyone

The boat is at Blue Woods Marina just down from NTD we meet at 8:30am and should get under way by 9am.
If you need directions go to my web site and you can get a map.
If you have air and all your gear you do not need to sign in or pay at NTD. I am a independent operator so you need to sign in at the boat. The divers that are going on the NTD boat need to sign in at NTD.

June: Hope this all jives with what you had planned.
Send me a e-mail if you need anything.
I don't get on the board much in the summer, I'm too busy diving.

FreeFloat:
Edit: - but the in town commute will still be a killer. Where is everyone staying again?

Comfort Inn Midtown. I'd would have gladly offered a ride, but I'm in a car (not a truck or SUV), so 2 peoples gear fills me up!

Tom, what time do you want the four folks diving directly from the shop to be there, same as the others?

divedude:
Hi DivingGal and everyone

The boat is at Blue Woods Marina just down from NTD we meet at 8:30am and should get under way by 9am.
If you need directions go to my web site and you can get a map.
If you have air and all your gear you do not need to sign in or pay at NTD. I am a independent operator so you need to sign in at the boat. The divers that are going on the NTD boat need to sign in at NTD.

June: Hope this all jives with what you had planned.
Send me a e-mail if you need anything.
I don't get on the board much in the summer, I'm too busy diving.

Perfect Jim.... I got busy diving and ran out of time this weekend.

NorthernMelody:
Tom, what time do you want the four folks diving directly from the shop to be there, same as the others?
Am I diving "from the shop" or elsewhere?

Back
Top Bottom