OFWF Gathering - Kingston August 28/29 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NM -- I am not sure... but other than me wanting to return to the Comet... it's up for discussion. Pick four wrecks, and we'll do YOUR four :D

ummm eenie...meeeniee..minneee...MO!
LOL, I can't chose 4 wrecks, being as I don't know what the names of them are :)
I've been on the Comet...which was cool, The Marsh....which I wouldn't mind doing again ....the Rothsey and being as my log book is in the car, I can't remember the 4th one...I've hear the Wolfie mentioned a lot, but I kinda got the feeling that it's a LOOOONG boat ride? Anyone else have suggestions??

silly girl Rothesay is up in Prescott -- one heck of a boat ride ('sides it's a shore dive)

The Wolfe is not a loooooong ride, but it is one of the few wrecks that is "the protected" area (protected from when Mother Nature gets nasty).

Here's the wreck list:
Munson, Depth 110'
Marsh, Depth 85'
Comet, Depth 85'
Wolfe Islander, Depth 80'
G. T. Davie, Depth 95'
Aloha, Sunk Depth 55'
Effie Mae, Depth 55'
Cornwall, Depth 70'
Sheboygan, Depth 95'
Maple Glen, Depth75'
Queen Mary, Depth 65'
Titanic, Depth 70'
Glendora, Depth 75'
KPH, Depth 65'

Davie, Glendora, Sheboygan are some of my votes......... I kinda liked Terry's Tug, too.

Can't recall if I've ever been on the Marsh or Maple Glen, and I'm pretty sure I haven't been on the "Queen Mary" or "Titanic" either.

The Frontenac (115 - 120') was real nice too, but it's waaaaaaaaay out there.

How far away is the Vickery? I heard the story about that wreck...and well wrote a new song about...it's almost done :)

NM - you do know you're going to Kingston, right? :)

Much like the Rothesay of earlier acclaim, the Vickery is up river in Brockville. That's one heck of a boat trip...

I've only done the S. M. Douglas and that was on mooring day, so not much sight seeing. After looking over the list on NTD's site http://www.northerntechdiver.com/wrecks.php and hearing others, I'd really like to see the Marsh. Maybe the Cornwall as the second dive? Or I wouldn't object to the Comet and the Katie Eccles looks interesting as well. :06: There are just so many, it's hard to decide. I would prefer to keep it under 100 feet (air consumption and narcosis), and the 70' to 85' range would be ideal.

We're only on the Saturday charter, gotta leave Sunday morning.

Groundhog246:
I've only done the S. M. Douglas and that was on mooring day, so not much sight seeing. After looking over the list on NTD's site http://www.northerntechdiver.com/wrecks.php and hearing others, I'd really like to see the Marsh. Maybe the Cornwall as the second dive? Or I wouldn't object to the Comet and the Katie Eccles looks interesting as well. :06: There are just so many, it's hard to decide. I would prefer to keep it under 100 feet (air consumption and narcosis), and the 70' to 85' range would be ideal.

We're only on the Saturday charter, gotta leave Sunday morning.
Never dove Kingston before, so I am open to go anywhere.
More intact wrecks would be more interesting IMO.

DivingGal. Where do we meet (at the marina where Big Jum docks?) and what time do we need to be there? And I know it'll depend on which wrecks we dive, but any idea what time we'd be back?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom