OFWF Gathering - Kingston August 28/29 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LadyHog283:
And he admits to it....... I can't decide which is sillier ;-}
Be nice, I might be diving with you on Saturday afternoon....

In that Kilt???? This I gotta see!!!

Just so everyone knows, and this is the only time I'll mention it unless asked. I went into the recording studio today :dazzler1: and have put together a rough Demo of 4 origional compositions (all accapella) and 2 other (not accapella) songs I have permission to record. I will have a FEW CDs (making 25 copies in all) available for anyone interested. One of the Songs is about the Sinking of the A.E. Vickery near Brockville, and another of my songs is about the history beneath the waves and a synopsis of the sinking of the Marsh in Kingston. All of these songs are in the nautical theme and would be termed "folk/celtic" style of music. Send me a pm if you're interested or approach me at the Gathering. Looking forward to see you all!

So, have we decided what wrecks were diving? If so, what conditions can we expect? Temp at depth? Vis? Current?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Plus, some people mentioned shore dives. Shall I bring a 3mm for that or do they go deep too?

Any shore dives we do will be shallow. Our 12 year old (soon to be 13) has just certified and is limited to 40 feet.
Info on temps would be most welcome. I don't think the wrecks have been decided yet. I'd really like either the Marsh or the Comet as one dive. Wouldn't object to the Wolfe Islander as a second, but as the only one I've ever done in Kingston is the Douglas, I'm very open to what others want to see, as it'll be new to me anyway.

How about.... (weather depending of course)

Munson, Sunk 4/30/1890 Depth 110'
Marsh, Sunk 8/8/1917 Depth 85'
Comet, Sunk 5/14/1861 Depth 85'
G. T. Davie, Sunk 4/18/1945 Depth 95'

???

DivingGal:
How about.... (weather depending of course)

Munson, Sunk 4/30/1890 Depth 110'
Marsh, Sunk 8/8/1917 Depth 85'
Comet, Sunk 5/14/1861 Depth 85'
G. T. Davie, Sunk 4/18/1945 Depth 95'

???

Hi all, have not been on the board much this summer, been too busy working but will stop by Saturday and say hi.

Our local club from Sarnia has the Great White chartered for the weekend so I will be in town.

Diving Gal your list of wrecks looks an awful lot like mine. Guess you will be tying up behind us :)

As of right now we have a couple of spots open but sounds like everyone here has a ride.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom