OFWF Gathering - Kingston August 28/29 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Groundhog246:
According to the NTD site Aloha sits at 55', with the Effie May beside her. I'd vote for that for a second dive on Saturday. Also The Cornwall is 70', the KPH is 65', The "Queen Mary" is 60'.
I have done none of these and have no idea of there location relative to Kingston (ie distance to travel), but agree with the idea of a shallower second dive. It'd be warmer (above the 70' thermocline) and we can stay longer (air consumption), although vis won't be as good.
Maybe some of us will join you for the shore dives if early enough from the charters :wink:

Scuba Duffer:
I'm assuming the deep ones are moored and have lines we can descend down? Much prefer a line for visual reference when I'm in the twilight zone - that area where you can see neither top nor bottom!!!

Yes all wrecks are moored by POW

Hi All
I received a message today that 2 people that had booked to be on board with us, have canceled due to the fact that one was injured diving up in Toby 2 weeks ago.
So we have two spots open on Vicki Marie if any one else wants in on some great diving this weekend.
The wreck are your choise and it seems that the ones picked so far are great: Marsh, Davie, Comet & Aloha. It's up to you enjoy.

... I have one more day to work and I will be on my way! Anyone else plan to be settled in Friday night?

As I haven't even been to the area, any wrecks that get chosen are fine with me. And the drysuit isn't a problem. I even have my thick undies packed. :)

Oren, Jamie and I, hope to be one the road around 2pm. I just have to get back from work...stop at the recording studio and pick up my hopefully finished CD's and throw my kit into Oren's vehicle! hope to be rolling by 14:30! Get that Oren :wink: ? I''ll call you and give you a more exact schedual tomorrow as the day progresses.

I'm flying to Montreal tomorrow morning to pick up a new bike! I'm then riding that back to Kingston and meeting my wife there. We should be in Friday - mid afternoon. The other 2 in my group should also be in Friday afternoon as well.

Anyone want to set up a place to meet for a few drinks or dinner Friday night??

I'll be there on Friday also. Who's got an idea of where/when to meet?
(I have a silly day with meetings today.... so I won't be able to check this again until tonight, so can some run with this idea?)

Looks like with a bit of discussion.... the wrecks will be: Marsh, Davie, Comet & Aloha

If someone is interested in the two spots, please PM me.... thanks

DivingGal:
I'll be there on Friday also. Who's got an idea of where/when to meet?
(I have a silly day with meetings today.... so I won't be able to check this again until tonight, so can some run with this idea?)

Looks like with a bit of discussion.... the wrecks will be: Marsh, Davie, Comet & Aloha

If someone is interested in the two spots, please PM me.... thanks
DivingGal!

Found one, if there are any openings this Saturday, we'll take them! (Procyon and Sirius)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom