OFWF Gathering - Kingston August 28/29 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Tom... handy info for all those planning to go diving.

DivingGal:
How about.... (weather depending of course)

Munson, Sunk 4/30/1890 Depth 110'
Marsh, Sunk 8/8/1917 Depth 85'
Comet, Sunk 5/14/1861 Depth 85'
G. T. Davie, Sunk 4/18/1945 Depth 95'

???

Well, since my group has never dove Kingston, were open to whatever the Freaks want to do. Are there any wrecks worth seeing in the 50' range? Just thought as a second dive of the day, a shallower one would be nice for a more extended bottom time - and shorter surface interval.

According to the NTD site Aloha sits at 55', with the Effie May beside her. I'd vote for that for a second dive on Saturday. Also The Cornwall is 70', the KPH is 65', The "Queen Mary" is 60'.
I have done none of these and have no idea of there location relative to Kingston (ie distance to travel), but agree with the idea of a shallower second dive. It'd be warmer (above the 70' thermocline) and we can stay longer (air consumption), although vis won't be as good.

I'm assuming the deep ones are moored and have lines we can descend down? Much prefer a line for visual reference when I'm in the twilight zone - that area where you can see neither top nor bottom!!!

Back
Top Bottom