Tips for all going to Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it worth going to Egypt these days? After all the events, there are far less tourists now and even a year and a half ago we felt funny there, because there were few tourists and locals seemed worried and grim. Also it was difficult to find a suitable daily boat, because most of them were almost empty, so with few guests they didn't want to go to more remote and more interesting places.

As a regular traveller to Egypt.. i agree about everything above... you said it all!!! How many times have you been there???

Me? I have been to Egypt 4 times.

Yeah... guys it is all fine here in Sharm!
No problem at all..
water is still a little cold right now and... no turists around.... that is good for you and not for us....!

Back from Wadi Lahami: it was a great time again, stayed two weeks, the first few days run very quiet but later the camp "filled up" to a comfortable number (thus we could sail out to the outer reefs). Life underwater was "as usual", reefsharks (bit more than last April), hawkbills, spanish dancers (only at night), etc. Above water only the airport security seemed more spooked than normal but we could fly without any delays.

Just hearing about a British airline extending the flight ban until October despite the next update from the UK government being due towards the end of the month.
Any one with any idea why?

I was planning to dive the Red Sea from Sharm El Sheikh in August 2016. After contacting 9 different dive companies, and even a handful of liveaboard operators, I think I'm going to pull the plug.
Most of the emails I receive back from the dive shops in Sharm are telling me that for the immediate future they are closed. Fingers crossed this all returns back to normal soon, but for the mean time I wouldn't bother.

I was planning to dive the Red Sea from Sharm El Sheikh in August 2016. After contacting 9 different dive companies, and even a handful of liveaboard operators, I think I'm going to pull the plug.
Most of the emails I receive back from the dive shops in Sharm are telling me that for the immediate future they are closed. Fingers crossed this all returns back to normal soon, but for the mean time I wouldn't bother.

Did you try Camel Diving. We plan to stay at their hotel and book some diving with them this September 2016. We spent 10 days with them last year and were very satisfied.

Another option is to stay at the Sheraton. They have a reef just off their beach which is pretty amazing! Their website lists dive shop services.

GJS

I've already booked 2 liveaboard for this summer (including one going all the way up to Dahab), so some operators are still working.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom