Divers Surprised By Active Submarine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They definitely need to get a glimpse of the Cozumel Moon Fish!

That "news" story is so lame. These tours happen ALL THE TIME and DM's usually remind people as to the fact that you may see one. And in the water, you can hear them coming from a long way away. Why on earth anyone would want to "moon" the people on the submarine is beyond me. Do you moon passing drivers on the freeway? Children at school crossings? Old ladies at bingo? Classy.

That "news" story is so lame. These tours happen ALL THE TIME and DM's usually remind people as to the fact that you may see one. And in the water, you can hear them coming from a long way away. Why on earth anyone would want to "moon" the people on the submarine is beyond me. Do you moon passing drivers on the freeway? Children at school crossings? Old ladies at bingo? Classy.

Oh don't be a party pooper. How about swimming up and sticking a magnet like a limpet mine in a bond movie?

Apparently DD does??

it is funny to watch all the flashes going off of cameras inside as it glides by diver groups! I just waved to them......

Oh don't be a party pooper. How about swimming up and sticking a magnet like a limpet mine in a bond movie?
That might actually be funny. Perhaps as I get older, I find juvenile behaviour by adults more irritating. And, just sayin', a man exposing himself to women and children is frowned on down here.

Sorry ScubaJill. Like I said, I couldn't help myself. :) These are common in many places and give non divers a nice way to experience the underwater world.
Yep, had one pass us by in Aruba. The guide on that dive actually hitched a short ride.

Last edited:
I saw it around 2000 on a reef in Coz. We all had a good time looking at each other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom