What do you wear under a wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Long under armor. I can use cold gear or heat gear to tailor my comfort level very well.

Yeah it's that time of year again meaning weather too cold (hey, this year not really....) for 2 dives from the car. So it's back to one dive in a day from the house basement commando. Roughest part is taking it all off outside by the door. Except farmer john bottoms, which come off inside of course.

depends on where you dive and the thickness of the wetsuit ...... Most of my dives right now are natural freshwater spring 60F temp. Used to wear a 7mm, hood, and 5mm gloves with just a knee length swimmer speedo underneath, but have lately been using a 5mm scubapro (absolutely love the zippered wrist and ankles !! ) w/ 3mm hooded vest, thin reef gloves, and the swimmer speedo. With that set up haven't been getting cold in 60F fw 30 - 40min dive time. In Pensacola, FL I used a 3mm Pinnacle suit with nothing but speedo and it was a little too much ....... !!!

Last edited:
Like this?
a3f0c5a5090b541650f862cc14276100.jpg
That's Hilarious!!! Love it !!!! Where can I can I get one ??!!

Bathing suit & a lycra dive skin every time. It not only makes it super easy to put on my wet suit, but the protection from random stings & the sun is also very nice.

I bought two cheaply from LeisurePro so I can change into a dry one for afternoon dives after diving all morning. If I go for a night dive, then by that time the morning skin will be dry. And if it's too hot for a wet suit (doesn't happen often), I'll dive in my bathing suit & skin. My fav time using my dive skin was when a few people made fun of me for wearing the skin while they were all just in bathing suits during a really warm dive. I got the last laugh when they all got stung multiple times by marine larvae & had a very itchy, annoying rash for quite some time. (Don't think ill of me: The stings weren't life threatening & they were real jerks about the dive skin & my pale coloring.)

Back
Top Bottom