Kudos to Suunto Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I purchased a Suunto Vyper for $150 new from Leisure Pro in Dec on their one day sale special. Used it first time in Jan diving CUR 4 days. Worked fine except temps read 4-5 below everyone else's computer. It was reading 75 at depth when all other computers read 79. When tested it in a bucket of cold water with two other Suunto computers, it was off by ten degrees.

I first contacted LP but was put off by their initial questions ie do you have all the original packaging, how many times did you use it. I contacted Suunto through their website. I was able to register a warranty claim on line and print out a UPS shipping label (provided and paid for by Suunto). I packaged it up and sent it off. They said they typically turn around in 10 business days. I think on day 10 I received an email that it was being sent back with a new computer inserted in the original band. I gave it the bucket test with two other Suuntos and the temp is now reading correctly. Very impressed with Suunto's computer service.

Sorry the line of questioning seemed problematic! I don't work in returns, but have before elsewhere, so I'd guess based on the questions you shared here that our customer service representative was trying to figure out if we could just send out a replacement or if it would need to go back to Suunto for warranty work, but that should have been explained better. I'm glad it all worked out, if there's ever anything I can do on our end, just let me know!

(Apparently my signature disappeared, until I get it figured out I'm nickb@leisurepro.com)

Sorry the line of questioning seemed problematic! I don't work in returns, but have before elsewhere, so I'd guess based on the questions you shared here that our customer service representative was trying to figure out if we could just send out a replacement or if it would need to go back to Suunto for warranty work, but that should have been explained better. I'm glad it all worked out, if there's ever anything I can do on our end, just let me know!

(Apparently my signature disappeared, until I get it figured out I'm nickb@leisurepro.com)
I can see your signature fine, do you see other peoples? If not check the box under your account, preferences. FYI I have a signature on mine which is visible so if you don't see it....

I have been satisfied with my purchases and experience with LP and the point of my post was not to knock LP but to commend Suunto. The price for the vyper on LP was fantastic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom