Dry glove recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazy_Canuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i have a Scubapro trilaminate drysuit with latex wrist seals and i am looking to add dry gloves. i also have very large hands and usually have trouble finding normal gloves in xl or xxl to fit. what are people using for dry gloves and what works well? Thanks.

Kubi dry gloves can be installed on latex wrist seals - allegedly it's a very robust and reliable dry glove system (not used it myself as I have fitted SiTech oval seals on my drysuit and therefore am using the Antares dry gloves but several dive buddies use the Kubi system and are very happy)

I have the Kubi setup and it is awesome.

The rings come in different sizes, so you can get whatever you need to fit your hands. I searched online and found a template they have that I used to cut the different size holes in a piece of cardboard to verify my size. I wear L or XL motorcycle or work gloves (depending on the manufacturer) and the Kubi 80mm rings work great for me. They have 90mm and 100mm for the huge handed folks.

KUBI Dry Glove System - Dive Right in Scuba

I use the Scubaforce Thenar system and love it. It's very similar to the Kubi system, but a bit less expensive. The gloves are easy to get off and on, and you can mount any gloves you want on the rings. The Thenar gloves themselves are very robust, but I prefer a bit more dexterity and use other ones.
Thenar Drysuitgloves

I stopped using a glove system because it's too bulky and it's simple enough to just use use latex against latex gloves

Several of us, up here, use the SiTech system. The university group used their SiTech system in the Antarctica and liked them. The SiTech ovals are good for those who have larger hands. I use the SiTech system with my ScubaPro trilam drysuit. Keep the o-rings cleaned and lubed with the SiTech system. It makes it easier to install the locking rings and reduces the possibility of leaks.

To save money avoid buying the gloves from a SiTech dealer; buy just the locking and docking rings. You can go to a hardware store and buy the gloves for a less than $10 a pair. Buy at least two pair, just in case you damage the ones your using.

The black rubber gloves that came with my Kubi rings lasted just over 1 year before I finally got a hole in one of them.

I found the identical gloves here, for about $2 per pair. I bought a couple of pair. With shipping, it was a bit under $10, total. I would have bought more pairs at once, but I didn't know this retailer and wanted to be sure they were legit and the gloves really were identical to the ones I had been using.

Results for 'g17k'

subscribed to see suggestions. I am on the hunt for reliable and convient drygloves for 5+ years and counting. I have tried zip gloves, gloves with seal glued on, dive concept, sitech oval, sitech glove lock. The most reliable is by far zip gloves, it has never leak on me. But it is also super inconvenient. All others have leaked on me randomly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom