WOW!! A smart diving mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Definitely a different display. They need to move the text off to the top or bottom edge, though.

Cool idea. Filled out the survey. As someone else said (I didn't put this in my survey), it could get a bit too busy if too much is on the HUD. Visibility is definitely important.

Done.

All I would be looking for is a separate screen showing depth, time and temperature.

Something that could be transferred from mask to mask and not an integral part of the mask.

Does Aeris still make and support their mask? I have the Oceanic and LOVE it. I still don't understand why it failed. It does everything I need it to do - does what other computers do. I have a small face and it fit fine - my husband has a larger face and it fit fine. It's readable in most all conditions - and if it's too bright out (never in the water - only on the boat or land), I just put my hand over my right eye and I can see the display fine. I've only known one person who couldn't read the display because their vision was so bad. Absolutely EVERYONE who takes a peek at it says how cool it is - so why didn't it get more consumer support? I don't get it.

For naysayers, no, it doesn't show everything a wrist dive computer does all the time. But with the push of a button I can get to the rest of the info I need to see. It's easy to read the log to record stuff in my book. Easy to change setting for nitrox - well, as easy as most other computers (most are a PITA, in my opinion. My husband has a Mares that he says is super simple.) Easy to change the battery. When the software was supported it was pretty cool - told me my SAC rate and gave me a nice graphic for my dive profile.

Anyway, I'm looking to the future and I know my Datamask will die eventually, so I'd love to have something out there that will be able to replace it.

Done.

Why not a wrist or spg mounted DC that the mask connects to wirelessly? I have doubts about having DC and mask in the same unit. My first mask sprung a leak after only a few months...

Back
Top Bottom